Note 7 fiasco could burn a $17 billion hole in Samsung accounts
Samsung Electronics' (005930.KS) worst-ever recall could cost the company as much as $17 billion after it halted sales of its flagship Galaxy Note 7 for a second time, spelling an almost certain end for the ill-fated premium model.
Samsung announced the recall of 2.5 million Note 7s in early September following numerous reports of the phones catching fire and on Tuesday the crisis deepened: The company told mobile carriers to stop sales or exchange of the $882 device and asked users to shut off their phones while it investigated new reports of fires in replacement Note 7s.
As the world's... read more
- 18:57 European Banking Authority calls City's Brexit plans 'inadequate'
- 18:57 Adam Chadwick murder: Family take to Leeds streets in search for...
- 18:57 DISTRESSING IMAGES: Great-grandmother 'terrified' after brick...
- 18:57 Warning over 'extremely dangerous' drain cover thefts in Sheffield
- 18:56 Accused denies intent to harm at Northumberland shallow grave...
- 18:55 20 month jail sentence for man who posted 32 racial hatred tweets
- 18:54 Temperatures reach 29.4C on the UK's hottest day of the year
- 18:48 Firearms incident: West Yorkshire Police called to street after...
- 18:48 'Buy the man a pint' - readers react to hero dad who saved boy from...
- 18:48 Jos Buttler: matchwinner with the courage and ability not to become...
- 18:48 Portugal vs Iran LIVE STREAM: How to watch Ronaldo in World Cup...
- 18:46 A590 clear after collision brings tailbacks
- 18:44 Citing Trump, woman in video calls Latino man 'rapist, animal, drug...
- 18:44 British driver clocked at 165mph during secret race in France
- 18:43 Music Review Swift lives up to her reputation
- 18:41 World Cup fans panic after Mohamed Salah’s subdued goal celebration...
- 18:38 Travel insurance to get easier to find for cancer sufferers and...
- 18:37 Southampton baby death: Teenager denies son's murder
- 18:34 Boris Johnson flew to Afghanistan to avoid Heathrow vote
- 18:33 Police issue warning after Cumbria hit by phone scam
- 18:33 Crossword roundup: more geometry and politics than football
- 18:32 CO2 shortage: Coca-Cola pauses production at some plants
- 18:31 Is this China's next aircraft carrier? Design of Beijing's third...
- 18:30 Gareth Southgate must weigh up options for England v Belgium decider
- 18:30 Bath and Wells Diocese to sell 12th Century office
- 18:30 Sir Jeremy Heywood to take break for cancer treatment
- 18:25 Train speed restrictions introduced as Britain faces 10-day heatwave
- 18:25 Disgraced bank manager given 2nd chance - and plunders coach firm's...
- 18:25 Mystery and sadness over death of much-loved swan in Sefton Park
- 18:24 Chester FC complete double swoop as Jon Moran and John Pritchard sign