NORTHUMBERLAND BUSINESS AWARDS: Still time to put yourself in the running
With just over a week left to enter, we are sharing one of this year’s Northumberland Business Awards nominations to encourage others.
Mrs O’s Caring Hands, based in Blyth, which started in December 2016, has put itself forward in the New Business (under two years) category.
In her nomination, Joan Wilson said: “I decided to start my own care company up following my passion for looking after the elderly. I have been in the health and social-care sector for around 20 years, starting out as a care worker and working my way through the ranks up to registered manager and now I am a director.... read more
- 00:46 Robert Cheesewright: Smart meters are first step to a greener county
- 00:41 Bridget Fox: Now is the time to get us on road to low-carbon future
- 00:41 Police appeal over petrol bomb incidents
- 00:36 Google employees criticise 'censored China search engine'
- 00:36 US police tase 87-year-old woman cutting dandelions
- 00:26 Troubled prisons to trial £10m blitz on drugs and violence
- 00:18 A dry but cloudy Saturday in store
- 00:17 Novel way to help Syrian refugees
- 00:12 Both low and high-carb diets can raise risk of early death, study...
- 00:07 Relaxing e-cigarette laws would cut smoking deaths, say MPs
- 00:02 Why your next flight may go via China
- 00:02 AB Vajpayee: The PM who consolidated India as a nuclear power
- 00:02 'Why I never want babies'
- 00:02 They lost fingers entering Canada. Then what happened?
- 00:02 Obituary: Aretha Franklin
- 00:02 Corona beer owner to pour $4bn into weed
- 00:02 Ancient Egyptian mummification 'recipe' revealed
- 00:02 US Asians hire out cinemas to screen Crazy Rich Asians
- 00:02 Hillary Clinton praises girl for US Pledge of Allegiance protest
- 00:02 Atal Behari Vajpayee: Former India PM dies at 93
- 00:02 Islamic State claims Kabul's latest deadly attacks
- 00:02 Sweden Muslim woman who refused handshake at job interview wins case
- 00:02 Trump wages war of words with ex-CIA chief John Brennan
- 00:02 Pope Francis on side of victims of 'predator' priests in US
- 00:02 India monsoon floods 'kill 106' in Kerala
- 00:02 Wheat gene map to help 'feed the world'
- 00:02 Genoa bridge collapse: 'Miracle escape' stories emerge
- 00:02 Aretha Franklin: Tributes flow in for Queen of Soul
- 00:01 Sick babies at risk from lack of breathing tube monitoring
- 00:01 Liver transplants 'may be unnecessary thanks to new drug treatment'