Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue urges parents to talk to children about kitchen fire safety
As part of a national fire safety campaign, Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) is encouraging parents and carers to make any kitchen activities a chance for kids to learn about cooking safety.
During the February half term, many children across Northamptonshire will be spending more time in the kitchen. But whether they’re lending a hand or simply seeking a snack, it’s important to make sure that they know the hazards of a hot hob.
Tina Collett, of the NFRS Prevention and Community Protection Department, said: “There are lots of creative ways to teach kids about cooking fire... read more
- 02:18 US-Turkey row: Pastor a 'pawn in personal feud'
- 02:18 Ecuador tightens entry rules for Venezuelan migrants
- 01:54 Child passive smoking 'increases chronic lung risk'
- 01:48 Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton keeps feet on ground in hometown...
- 01:30 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows