Northampton student who donated life-saving stem cells helps national charity reach grand milestone
A Northampton student has become the 100th donor for a national charity to give a patient a second chance of life. Myles Holder, 21, has become the 100th donor from the Anthony Nolan Hero Project to donate his stem cells for a patient in desperate need of a transplant.
Myles signed up for the programme in sixth form college in 2014 as part of an education programme about the importance of stem cell, blood and organ donation.
But this year, he received the phone call from Anthony Nolan to say he was a match.
Myles said: "I joined the stem cell register because I wanted to make a... read more
- 09:31 London and Manchester both in contention to host ATP Finals from 2021
- 09:30 Person seriously injured in crash on A156 near Fenton
- 09:30 New trustees at Wooler-based trust
- 09:28 What Twitter says about people from the Black Country
- 09:28 This is how much Brits will have to pay to travel to the EU after...
- 09:27 'We pay more because it's the right thing to do' Scots attack Tory...
- 09:26 This is how Doncaster is gearing up to help the homeless during the...
- 09:26 Firefighters dodge needles and human excrement in drug den fire
- 09:26 Burnley pensioner suffers serious injuries following car collision
- 09:26 3 arrested by police after 100mph police pursuit
- 09:26 Researchers put solar panels in clothing for phone charging on-the-go
- 09:26 Arsenal star Lucas Torreira benefiting from one of Arsene Wenger’s...
- 09:25 Firefighters tackling underground peat fire at Scarborough Road,...
- 09:25 Championship transfer rumours: Leeds United midfielder linked with...
- 09:25 Funds approved for apprenticeship scheme could unlock £750,000
- 09:25 Three arrested after 100mph chase through Nuneaton
- 09:24 Football transfer rumours: Ben Chilwell to Manchester City for £50m?
- 09:24 Seahouses crew take delivery of new fire engine
- 09:23 Recycle your Christmas tree and support Willowbrook Hospice
- 09:22 Newborn baby dies month after being attacked by parents’ dogs
- 09:22 Killer whales filmed playing next to woman swimming overhead
- 09:21 Letters: Derek Mackay’s Robin Hood budget could bring him an arrow...
- 09:21 Intouch Games crowned Digital Business of the Year at West Midlands...
- 09:20 Self-driving car test centre for Harborough
- 09:19 Footie5 predictions - how you can win £25k for free
- 09:19 Watch gang swoop and nick £300k jewellery - in 50 seconds
- 09:19 Man Utd news: Dimitar Berbatov reveals bad news for Jose Mourinho...
- 09:19 Burnley Colour Dash raises thousands for Pendleside Hospice
- 09:18 Kurdish-led fighters take last Isis stronghold in Syria, activists say
- 09:17 Jason Oswell’s progress delights Morecambe boss Jim Bentley