North Yorkshire Police out in force to cut collisions on A64 and other key routes
North Yorkshire Police has today launched a campaign to reduce speeding and dangerous driving on three routes, including the A64, that see the most serious collisions.
Roads policing officers and safety camera vans will also be out in force on the A65 and A1(M).
Surrounding routes, including residential areas and B-roads, will also be covered.
It’s part of a two-week nationwide speed reduction campaign by the National Police Chief’s Council (NPCC).
Named Operation Vis, the first week of the campaign will involve higher than normal police visibility on the roads with the most serious and... read more
- 07:40 Dhesi fires hat-trick in impressive Batley win
- 07:40 Crackenedge wrap up Wakefield League title in style after 11th...
- 07:37 Man in his 40s suffers serious injuries after crash near A17
- 07:37 Blackpool and Fylde coast news LIVE: All the latest weather,...
- 07:33 Investigation to be carried out after early hours car fire
- 07:33 North East news, traffic and travel LIVE: What you need to know
- 07:32 Liverpool news: Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes emerges as...
- 07:32 Liverpool news: Pundit makes Premier League title prediction ahead...
- 07:32 Arsenal legend takes swipe at bitter rivals Tottenham over empty...
- 07:32 To brie or not to brie: can vegan 'cheese' taste as good as dairy?
- 07:32 Ban gas boilers in new homes by 2025, says Committee on Climate Change
- 07:32 Delay to tax havens’ public registers ‘risks national security’
- 07:31 Scotland can now throw the dice
- 07:31 Head-to-head: Who came out on top in Dundee United and Inverness...
- 07:31 North East news, traffic and travel LIVE: What you need to know
- 07:29 The SNP’s position is most surprising, with almost endless delay on...
- 07:27 British girl, 9, dies after eating ice cream on Costa Del Sol holiday
- 07:27 Fresh bid to build log cabins for tourists on old pit site
- 07:27 Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in big-screen biopic
- 07:27 North East news, traffic and travel LIVE: What you need to know
- 07:26 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:23 Leeds news LIVE: Man jailed over mobile cannabis farm | Latest M62...
- 07:23 Teachers to join climate protests to demand curriculum reform
- 07:23 'Google isn't interested in degrees': is the UK snobby about...
- 07:22 Updates: Police seal off Sara Park in Small Heath
- 07:21 Celtic team news: Predicted 4-2-3-1 Europa League line-up to face...
- 07:21 Liverpool hero John Barnes slams Reds fans over ‘negativity’ ahead...
- 07:18 Investors sink cash into Scottish car parks
- 07:18 Money Club took £5,978 from my elderly mother
- 07:18 Ministers urged to provide rescue package for ailing high streets