North Wales restaurant review: The Slate/Y Llechan Tal y bont
When fabulous food is combined with stylish surroundings and excellent service, success is sure to follow, as my husband Hugh and I found when we put The Slate/Y Llechan, to the test.
Tucked away in the small village of Tal y Bont just outside Bangor, The Slate, formerly the Abbeyfield Hotel, opened last June after months of innovative refurbishment, which saw the rather tired building and site totally transformed into an upmarket boutique hotel cum restaurant and bars.
During its long history The Abbeyfield has seen many dramatic changes. Originally a farmhouse, in the 18th Century it... read more
- 10:08 Headteacher 'suspended' and ambitious '£60k theatre' torn down -...
- 10:08 Parents urged to apply for Northants school places for September...
- 10:07 Nine-year-old girl tragically dies after eating wrong Cadbury...
- 10:07 Iceland are selling packets of ready made scrambled eggs
- 10:07 LOOKING BACK: Railway threatened with close and new care home
- 10:06 Warwick residents join ‘Big Tidy Up’ event
- 10:06 Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance called to ‘crash’ scenario at RAF Scampton
- 10:05 India bans instant divorceInstant divorce of Muslim women outlawed...
- 10:05 Arthur Mitchell, trailblazing US ballet dancer, dies at 84
- 10:05 Storm Ali brings 102mph winds to UK as Britain battered by gales
- 10:05 What is Fortnite Battle Royale? Tips, strategies and hints to win
- 10:05 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 10:04 Hanging Heaton are crowned National T20 Club Champions
- 10:04 Warwick residents join ‘Big Tidy Up’ event
- 10:04 What to stream and download this week
- 10:03 Worldwide interest in Dolly Blues’ managerial vacancy
- 10:03 Macron urges EU leaders to stand firm against Theresa May
- 10:02 Why I showed my self-harm scars on national TV
- 10:01 Travellers leave Preston’s Moor Park a muddy mess
- 10:01 Parents of severely disabled Lichfield woman hit with tax shock
- 10:01 Inside the council house set to be sold because nobody wants to...
- 10:01 Warning over Purple Drank - the potentially deadly cough syrup drug...
- 10:00 Ian Wright blasts Ivan Gazidis after controversial Arsenal exit
- 10:00 Celtic v Rosenborg TV channel, live stream, kick-off time, odds and...
- 10:00 Ram raiders fail in bid to steal cash machine from Doncaster shop
- 09:59 In this week’s Herald. . .
- 09:59 New York inmate's golf drawings lead to exoneration in murder
- 09:59 Former Mansfield primary school teacher who sexually assaulted...
- 09:58 Malorie Blackman will publish a fifth book in her Noughts & Crosses...
- 09:58 Everything you need to know about Ripon's new Remembrance garden