North Wales health watchdog chief calls for release of Tawel Fan probe reports
The Welsh Government needs to publish long-awaited reports into mental health care failures in North Wales so victims can move on, says the leader of a patient watchdog.
Geoff Ryall-Harvey, chief officer of North Wales Community Health Council, says reports into Ysbyty Glan Clwyd ’s Tawel Fan ward, which shut five years ago amid allegations of ‘institutional abuse’, need to be released to give families “closure”.
More than 100 patient cases have been reviewed by the Ockenden Inquiry which is looking at how both they and their families were treated at Tawel Fan.
The Health and Social Care... read more
- 16:07 Kirkby teen on stab charge faces trial
- 16:07 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Nottinghamshire
- 16:07 Fire broke out in Bispham chip shop
- 16:07 Storm uproots tree on busy main road in Burnley
- 16:07 Students’ fire safety alert
- 16:06 Elderly man taken to hospital after car crashes into house
- 16:06 Tories lead calls in Holyrood to scrap Scottish P1 tests
- 16:05 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Nottinghamshire
- 16:05 Nottinghamshire councillors hit out at bid to change planning laws...
- 16:05 Tesco's new discount store Jack's opens in Immingham tomorrow
- 16:04 Further warnings issued for Cumbria with more stormy weather yet to...
- 16:04 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Nottinghamshire
- 16:04 Nottinghamshire councillors hit out at bid to change planning laws...
- 16:04 Online grooming film tells story of murdered 14-year-old gamer
- 16:02 Father accused of stabbing daughter appeared normal before killing,...
- 16:02 Former Blackpool firefighter and magistrate dies at the age of 65
- 16:02 Online grooming film tells story of murdered 14-year-old gamer
- 16:01 VIDEO: Choir kickstarts campaign to promote good winter health in...
- 16:01 Stunning shot of sun setting behind Stump
- 15:59 Trees snapped in half as Storm Ali hits South Tyneside
- 15:59 Hong Kong yoga ball: Man found guilty of killing wife and daughter
- 15:59 Harry and Meghan’s thank you for pupils’ wedding poems
- 15:58 You have your say on whether parents should be allowed to choose RE...
- 15:57 West Midland Tech Awards 2018 - all the categories and how to enter
- 15:57 The West Midlands is becoming a centre of digital revolution -...
- 15:57 Tributes to biker killed in Warwickshire collision
- 15:57 Macron aide accused of beating protesters 'was not bodyguard'
- 15:57 Trump: 'Very hard to imagine' anything happened between Kavanaugh...
- 15:56 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Derbyshire
- 15:56 Improved web service as superfast broadband figures soar in the Isle