North Korea used VX nerve agent to kill leader's brother, says US
The half-brother of Kim Jong-un was killed by a chemical attack in Malaysia on the orders of the North Korean government, the US has concluded.
Kim Jong-nam died after a bizarre encounter at Kuala Lumpur airport in 2017, when two women smeared his face with VX nerve agent.
The women, who claim they were told they were carrying out a prank for a TV show, are on trial for murder.
The US said it would imposed new sanctions on North Korea in response.
"This public display of contempt for universal norms against chemical weapons use further demonstrates the reckless nature of North Korea... read more
- 13:33 Kettering pupils’ imaginations can run riot in new school hub!
- 13:32 Sri Lanka's Pidurangala Rock: Bare bums stir trouble
- 13:30 Brussels honours murdered West Yorkshire MP Jo Cox with special...
- 13:28 Don't post crisp packets, Royal Mail begs anti-plastic protesters
- 13:28 Passengers reveal damage done to luggage after airport workers were...
- 13:25 Cinnamon recipe: pomegranate and cinnamon pears
- 13:25 TV chef Hersha Patel: the dish that transports me back to my childhood
- 13:25 Retford museum secures huge cash injection to celebrate Pilgrim...
- 13:24 Chelsea duo Jorginho & Callum Hudson-Odoi in stitches laughing at...
- 13:24 Tommy Fleetwood reveals message of support from Manchester City...
- 13:23 Labour MP's call for general strike to topple Tories rejected
- 13:22 Mother’s answer to son, 6, who asked ‘why did you abandon me?’
- 13:22 Doncaster to host launch of best-selling Filipino cook book
- 13:22 Revealed: the most popular baby names in Derbyshire
- 13:22 Smiling prisoner with distinctive tattoo escapes from a Derbyshire...
- 13:21 Proud villages strike gold with In Bloom award
- 13:20 Revealed: the most popular baby names in Derbyshire
- 13:20 Smiling prisoner with distinctive tattoo escapes from a Derbyshire...
- 13:19 Solihull man Danny Cooper wanted by police for GBH and dangerous...
- 13:19 Apple chief designer officer Jony Ive awarded prestigious Professor...
- 13:17 Doncaster to host launch of best-selling Filipino cook book
- 13:17 Weeding work on A19 wins environmental award
- 13:17 Brussels honours murdered West Yorkshire MP Jo Cox with special...
- 13:17 Burnley Fire Station to host 32nd annual 10k run
- 13:14 Burnley Fire Station to host 32nd annual 10k run
- 13:14 Burnley restaurant scoops gong at English Curry Awards
- 13:14 Alaska declares emergency for Native American languages
- 13:14 Huge spike in Yemen violence as civilian deaths rise by 164% in...
- 13:14 HMP Humber inmate gets another six months for having mobile phones...
- 13:13 Madeleine McCann police apply for more money to continue £11.6m hunt