Noisy neighbour row led to machete threat, court heard
A noisy neighbour dispute ended with one man confronting another with a garden machete.
Mark Oxley had a year-long dispute with his neighbour in Hill View in Greatham, with both claiming the other was making too much noise, Teesside Crown Court heard.
Johnnie Walker, prosecuting, said: “There had been a history of disputes for which the police had been called many times,
“The arguments seemed to be mostly about noise.
“Matters came to a head in July of last year when the victim was at home with his son.
“They both heard loud noise.”
Mr Walker said the victim’s son knocked on Oxley’s front... read more
- 04:01 Five arrests over death outside Walsall Manor Hospital
- 04:01 Metropolitan House plans set to be given green light
- 03:58 Kerala floods: A million in camps and thousands stranded
- 03:51 British man missing after banana boat accident in Portugal
- 03:51 Malaysia accused of 'state-sponsored homophobia' after LGBT crackdown
- 03:46 Will Donald Trump remain bulletproof?
- 03:30 Rayners Lane shooting: Two injured as shots fired at group
- 03:30 Puppy and kitten sales at pet shops set to be banned
- 03:30 Ryanair compensation cheques with no signatures 'bounced'
- 03:26 Canister explosion kills man at bonfire
- 03:26 Rubric Lois King hosts Grand Prix themed party
- 03:09 Trump attacks players for kneeling after 0.0006% of NFL does so in...
- 03:05 Malcolm Turnbull: PM loses ministers in leadership battle
- 02:54 Facebook and Twitter remove accounts linked to Russia and Iran...
- 02:51 Could Scott Morrison and Julie Bishop join the leadership race in a...
- 02:51 'Worst hour' for Trump after convictions for Manafort and Cohen
- 02:43 Ashleigh Barty to lead Australia's US Open contingent
- 02:43 Wallabies fitness questioned by All Blacks great ahead of second Test
- 02:20 Cycle of life: New Zealand MP gives birth to boy after riding to...
- 02:08 'Too pretty' Wolverhampton prison officer agrees out-of-court...
- 02:08 Big names turn out for great cricketing causes
- 02:07 Facebook pulls 652 fake accounts and pages meant to influence world...
- 01:58 New vintage shop hosts 60 Northampton-based traders all under one roof
- 01:50 Government to ban unethical puppy and kitten farms in England
- 01:47 Solat Chaudhry: Win the fight for gender equality and we will all...
- 01:47 Peter Lilley: Nothing to fear if we decide on a no-deal Brexit
- 01:47 Dilys Price: The 86-year-old parachutist turned Helmut Lang model
- 01:47 Bernard Ingham: No future for Labour unless it ditches Jeremy Corbyn
- 01:42 Legal action plan as locked out householders at Glasgow School of...
- 01:42 Thug who planted nail bomb at neighbour's home after brothel feud...