No wonder he’s hard to negotiate with! EU chief who gained name ‘Baby Thatcher’ revealed
The European Parliament’s Brexit coordinator Guy Verhofstadt is known for his outspoken tweets attacking Britain’s Brexit strategies and standing up for the EU.
And while his style may seem rather more outlandish than Britain’s longest-reigning Prime Minister of the 20th Century, Mr Verhofstadt, 64, revealed he was given the nickname ‘Baby Thatcher’ during his time in Belgian politics.
In a warning shot to Britain, the former Belgian Prime Minister said the shrewd way he governed his country earned him the title.
He told Politico: “I was elected as leader of my party at 28. It was a record... read more
- 18:41 Blue light relay highlights trauma suffered by emergency workers
- 18:43 Bognor home damaged by glass ornament blaze
- 18:43 How will we travel after Brexit under the government’s plan?
- 17:02 Arsenal pre-season fixtures: Full schedule including International...
- 17:05 Seven million facing hopepipe ban - will it be extended to Cov?
- 17:02 Air ambulance scrambled after man falls from roof in Kingstanding
- 20:15 Man in serious condition after being knocked down in shopping...
- 20:16 Cops appeal for witnesses after teenage girl grabbed by hooded man...
- 17:05 What future for county hall if East Lancashire breaks away?
- 18:43 Amazon Prime Day 2018: The best deals available right now
- 17:02 Child sex beast Antony Potts and his family from hell jailed over...
- 17:05 Public say 'no' but plans are set to go-ahead to route road through...
- 20:15 Two men in "knife" fight on bus in Wirral
- 17:02 Letters - July 17, 2018
- 17:02 Liverpool transfer news: Alisson next club odds - Reds emerge as...
- 17:05 Cops spot arson attack at business in Bedworth
- 20:15 Fans pays over £1000 for Paul McCartney tickets after making simple...
- 17:05 Is this Preston’s quirkiest house?
- 17:02 Will locals have a say on future fracking plans?
- 17:02 Justin Thomas: Golf star reveals why he won't be SHAVING during The...
- 17:05 D-Day for major city centre transformation plans - recap
- 20:15 Police hunting 24-year-old man over serious stabbing
- 17:05 £2m to get traffic flowing in county
- 18:41 Classic cars to take Barrow down memory lane
- 17:02 Alisson to Liverpool: Reds fans in frenzy over goalkeeper's EPIC...
- 17:02 £80,000 cost of police review questioned by force chief
- 17:02 Labour councillor suspended and loses HALF A MILLION Twitter...
- 17:05 Voicemail controversy: School apologises for abusive message about...
- 20:15 Hull police have made this touching gesture to our LGBT community
- 20:15 Chester security expert pens book about battling with modern day...