No threat seen as Rugby Australia gives blessing to rival competition
“A house divided against itself cannot stand” is a warning Rugby Australia seems to be heeding as the national governing body grapples with the advent of mining billionaire Andrew Forrest’s new venture, Rapid Rugby.
Already hailed as an alternative to the established Super Rugby tournament, Rapid Rugby has the potential to tear the game asunder in Australia similar to the Super League war which wreaked havoc on rugby league in the mid-1990s.
Rapid Rugby will involve eight teams across the Asia-Pacific region, including the Perth-based Western Force, as well as sides from Malaysia,... read more
- 12:34 Walkers launches crisp packet recycling after postal protest
- 12:33 Northumberland National Park hails 'a momentous year'
- 12:32 St Catherine's Santa Dash hailed as 'huge success' as more than 400...
- 12:32 Brexit: Theresa May expected to call-off Brexit deal vote as PM...
- 12:32 Men plead guilty over Sheffield horror crash in which four died
- 12:32 Scarborough coastguard called to man falling down Castle headland
- 12:32 New leftwing coalition urges Labour to reject Brexit
- 12:32 Aston Villa and Leeds United chasing £4m Newcastle star - reports
- 12:32 Aston Villa players were all saying the same thing after being...
- 12:32 Ant McPartlin set to return to TV hosting in January for BGT
- 12:31 Brexit: Second Scottish Tory MP says he will vote against PM's deal
- 12:31 Brexit: Theresa May 'to delay Commons vote on deal'
- 12:31 University of Hull addresses rumours over future of modern...
- 12:31 Driver taken to hospital with serious injuries after car crash
- 12:30 Female domestic violence victims make up more than one-in-ten...
- 12:30 Thousands raised at charity’s masked ball near Melton
- 12:30 Wet weather causing extra work for Sheffield Council
- 12:30 “No silver bullet” to solve air pollution, says councillor
- 12:29 Domino's Pizza shares fall 7% amid franchise row
- 12:29 Vijay Mallya should be extradited to India, London court rules
- 12:29 Northumberland National Park hails 'a momentous year'
- 12:29 Theresa May postpones Brexit deal vote, sources say
- 12:29 Live Music Review Plaintive pleasure in Richard Reed Parry's...
- 12:29 Theatre Review Done deal with the devil
- 12:29 Live Music Review Sensational Sevdaliza puts the politics into pop
- 12:29 Brexit: Theresa May expected to call-off Brexit deal vote as PM...
- 12:28 Brexit: Here’s how Tayside and Fife MPs will vote in House of Commons
- 12:28 Reports suggest Theresa May will ‘call off’ Commons Brexit vote
- 12:28 YP Letters: Figures that give lie to the ‘ Northern Powerhouse’
- 12:28 Apprentices can get the taste for success in St Helens