New Zealand ‘terrorist’ who killed 49 people ‘planned to murder even more’
The suspected Christchurch terrorist planned to kill more people before he was stopped, the country’s prime minister has said.
Brenton Tarrant, 28, from Australia is accused of slaughtering 49 worshippers and injuring another 48 more as they attended Friday prayers.
People were killed in two mosques but Jacinda Ardern said the shooter planned to murder more.
‘The offender was mobile, there were two other firearms in the vehicle that the offender was in, and it absolutely was his intention to continue with his attack,’ she said.
In a video live-streamed by Tarrant, a man is seen driving to... read more
- 05:18 Woman defrauded her widowed mother-in-law out of thousands of...
- 05:18 New £21m University of Lincoln medical school set to get the go-ahead
- 05:18 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 05:18 More 200,000 voters in Lincolnshire are on open register where...
- 05:12 Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302: Hull family visit the 'humble'...
- 05:12 Libby Squire: The CCTV footage which could hold the clues to...
- 05:12 The latest on THAT transfer between Newcastle United and West Brom...
- 05:11 Morrison government set to offer taxpayer backing for Queensland power
- 05:11 Five opposition parties call on UK to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia
- 05:11 The week ahead for Brexit: third time lucky for May?
- 05:05 Anglesey man's autism helped by mountain hikes
- 05:05 Smacking ban in Wales a step closer with bill published
- 05:05 Edinburgh Waverley: Station expansion plans to be revealed
- 05:05 Drugs smuggled into Guys Marsh prison in dead rats
- 05:05 Brexit: Cabinet to meet amid pressure on May
- 05:03 Ban cars outside UK schools to tackle air pollution, teachers say
- 04:59 Victorian father loses legal battle to stop child having hyphenated...
- 04:49 Heartbroken dad denied life-saving operation by NHS chiefs and...
- 04:49 Sir Alex Ferguson helps raise £405k for NHS after staff saved his...
- 04:49 Young mum slashed from ear to mouth by ex reveals thug still...
- 04:49 'I had a choice, I had power' Brave domestic abuse survivor relives...
- 04:47 What's happening this week?
- 04:47 The woman bringing Mandarin to Uganda
- 04:47 Delhi Crime: New drama tells story of bus rape investigation
- 04:47 Venezuela crisis: Russian military planes land near Caracas
- 04:47 Cyclone Veronica: Destructive winds and rain lash Australia
- 04:39 Coventry City chief speaks out as club favourites wade into Ricoh...
- 04:25 New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern announces royal commission...
- 04:21 NCP reveals how it is slashing crime and drug use at its car parks...
- 04:20 Johnston Carmichael lifts financial services team