New threat to EU: Austrian leader meets Putin and orders Brussels to 'reverse relations'
Sebastian Kurz flew to Moscow to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin during his first foreign visit outside the continent with a demand which threatens EU unity over the Russia situation.
Both countries traditionally have close ties and the new centre-right coalition is considered to be friendly to Russia.
The meeting focused on strengthening bilateral trade and energy relations and Russia's relationship with the bloc.
Ahead of the meeting, Mr Kurz said he aimed to address the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria.
Although the chancellor vowed to represent the line of the European Union... read more
- 09:07 SWP Engineering exhibits new shellfish cooker on national stage
- 09:07 Maltings revamp is considered
- 09:07 Latest news from Berwick Stroke Club
- 09:06 Man Utd legend Roy Keane shuts down Gary Neville and Ian Wright...
- 09:06 We’re probably the only intelligent life in the universe,...
- 09:05 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 09:04 From burning toupees to breaking boundaries: why Queer Eye is TV's...
- 09:02 Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri set to replace Antonio Conte in next...
- 09:01 Council saved £8.7 million with smarter budgeting last year
- 09:01 Uber's appeal over London licence ban begins
- 09:00 Please appreciate these proud pups enjoying Pride parades
- 09:00 M25 traffic chaos as one lane blocked sparks huge delays
- 08:59 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 08:58 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:57 Gallery: Annual Handmade Parade was once again a success
- 08:56 Man Utd on red alert as Neymar outlines Real Madrid transfer...
- 08:56 Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland slash current account interest for...
- 08:56 Grand motors: The 10 cars most likely to be listed for sale under...
- 08:56 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:55 One dead and two fighting for life during burglary in Bristol
- 08:55 Victory propels Erdoğan into elite club of strongman leaders
- 08:54 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:54 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:54 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 08:53 Deer 'stuck' in River Soar prompts 4 fire engines into action
- 08:53 Aston Villa step up preparations for the 2018/19 campaign
- 08:53 This is why there are no World Cup fan zones in Birmingham
- 08:53 This is where released goalkeeper Boaz Myhill could pitch up after...
- 08:51 Gossip: West Ham’s Wilshere concern?
- 08:51 Yorkshire QCs warn justice system is at ‘breaking point’