New services aimed at reducing risk developing dementia
A NEW joint approach will see additional support made available for people who have been diagnosed with memory loss.
Bury’s Memory Loss Support Services will help patients recently diagnosed with a memory loss condition known as mild cognitive impairment.
It is estimated that one third of people over 65 may have the condition, which causes minor problems with cognition — mental abilities such as memory or thinking. However the symptoms will differ from person to person; the impairment could mean an individual is unable to find the words, remember certain objects, or use some of their... read more
- 07:36 First pictures of the 13 dead and missing after New Zealand...
- 07:27 Little boy has eye removed days after Christmas after mum spots...
- 07:26 Today’s back pages: ‘No excuses’ for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool and...
- 07:07 Seafloor scar of Bikini A-bomb test still visible
- 07:06 Live updates: Main A47 road in and out of Leicester shut by police
- 06:55 How we made punk fanzine Sniffin' Glue
- 06:51 Boris in cringeworthy Love Actually spoof video in final desperate...
- 06:51 Clown Bobby Bubbles raped young girl who thought she was ‘in love’...
- 06:51 Disabled man took two years to die after being beaten up over...
- 06:51 The forgotten tragedy on our doorstep after the bulldozing of the...
- 06:49 Farmer dresses Jersey cows in Christmas jumpers to get us feeling...
- 06:33 Russia complains of ‘hysteria’ after international sport ban
- 06:08 Castle View revenues climb higher after sport and leisure contract...
- 06:04 'A form of serious corruption': Northamptonshire Police officer...
- 06:04 KPMG launches first ‘audit-only’ apprenticeships in Scotland
- 05:26 Construction industry must build future workforce - Emma Dickson
- 05:04 Sam Kerr the best player in the world? Tell us something we don't know
- 05:04 Irresistible Rashford delivers on the biggest of stages for United
- 05:04 Job done and better days to come for Anthony Joshua on odd Arabian...
- 05:04 Cricketer, comic, artist, innovator: 'Felix', the ultimate all-rounder
- 05:04 The best of Bob Willis, Manchester derby memories and karting on ice
- 05:04 Football transfer rumours: Erling Braut Haaland to Dortmund for £17m?
- 05:04 Yes, it’s Middlesbrough v Charlton! Or Woodgate v Bowyer
- 05:04 Kidney and Boyd show coaches are worth weight in gold in Premiership
- 05:04 Sports quiz of the week: clothes, coins and a heavyweight contest
- 05:04 Agent Saif Rubie banned for six weeks and fined over ‘improper’ use...
- 05:04 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Luis Alberto are leading Lazio's surge
- 05:04 Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action
- 05:04 Duncan Ferguson’s timing and tactics are spot-on for Everton win
- 05:04 Two Wolves supporters arrested for homophobic abuse at Brighton game