New research warns ‘patients are waiting too long’ for cancer diagnosis
HEALTH chiefs have warned that patients are enduring huge emotional turmoil, as new figures reveal the diagnosis of cancer cases is taking more than a third longer than proposed targets which are supposed to be met within two years.
The average time for a patient in England to be diagnosed with cancer is 40 days, research published today suggests, prompting warnings that the prolonged wait is adding to an already often unbearable amount of stress.
NHS bosses have set a target for all cancer patients to be diagnosed within 28 days.
The new study found that in 2014 the median number of days... read more
- 14:30 Husband's agony at death of 'kind and caring' childhood sweetheart
- 14:33 ‘Home’ Open lives up to expectations for Carnoustie member Matthew...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 We have to wake up to dangers of new technology
- 14:31 Council denies it has lost its way over footpath signs
- 17:09 'Spontaneous combustion' destroys tonnes of hay inside barn at farm...
- 17:09 Drugs, theft, fraud and impersonating a special constable:...
- 23:25 Wing walking Debra is flying high for hospice
- 17:09 Here’s how to get your garlic harvest ready to last into the new year
- 14:30 Woman to stand trial over £6,000 Furness petrol station theft
- 21:52 Crafty pupils branched out into art
- 21:52 Woman admits GBH on five-month-old baby in 'momentary loss of control'
- 17:09 Sculpture planned for new city development is unveiled
- 21:52 Fast food limits could be coming to your corner of Lancashire
- 17:09 Police station remains open despite roadworks
- 21:52 This is why a giant T-Rex has appeared in Trinity Leeds
- 17:09 Preview: Harrogate's brewery's open day tomorrow
- 17:09 Heritage Lottery Fund and conservationists speak out about...
- 14:30 Hull mum's fury as Macy, 9, misses school bouncy castle treat -...
- 14:33 Birdie at 18 was Sam Locke’s day one Open highlight
- 21:52 Ryanair flights to Portugal and Spain could be cancelled from East...
- 23:25 Owner who left home empty for 18 YEARS is fined thousands
- 17:09 Hartlepool youngster and cancer battler determined to play their...
- 21:52 Three fire crews tackle a barn fire in North Yorkshire hamlet
- 17:09 Loughborough's Mr Bloom Harry Cook dies suddenly at home
- 17:09 Ties with Halifax remain incredibly strong for the Dukes
- 14:30 Council denies it has lost its way over footpath signs
- 21:52 County to defend fracking planning powers
- 14:31 New health and relationship lessons for schoolchildren
- 17:09 Michelin starred Gary is cooking it up at Martha’s