New play highlights struggle of marginalised communities in Radcliffe
RADCLIFFE will feature in a new play which tackles the issue of what it is like for members of the Muslim community to grow up in a predominantly white town.
Writer and director Lee Lomas, who was born and raised in Radcliffe, has drawn on his own experiences as inspiration for the 'true to life' drama, and has interviewed friends and associates from Radcliffe's Muslim community to get first-hand accounts for the work.
Mr Lomas, aged 28 who now lives in North London, has Coronation Street, Shameless, Casualty and The A Word among his credits. He is also due to appear in Hollyoaks for four... read more
- 09:58 Scrutiny Panel wants ‘evidence and reassurance’ over Louth Hospital...
- 09:57 Israel embassy move: Morrison says there's no evidence 'at this...
- 09:56 Stephanie Davis admits heartbreaking alcoholism, depression and...
- 09:56 Call for action after rise in religious hate crime incidents
- 09:56 Aston Villa loan man: 'I didn’t really get my chance in the UK'
- 09:56 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 09:55 Ex-USA gymnastics president arrested over Larry Nassar evidence
- 09:55 Online aggression skews debate over suspended West Ham youth coach
- 09:55 Cipriani misses out but Morgan earns call-up for England's autumn...
- 09:54 Moving tale of a World War One tragedy told through the mournful...
- 09:54 All your favourite jazz and blues classics
- 09:54 Abbey Consort concert marks the end of WW1
- 09:54 Manchester Arena bombing: Pre-inquest review into victim's deaths...
- 09:54 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 09:54 Two people rescued from house fire in Daventry
- 09:54 Baby ballet helps Tommy’s
- 09:54 Work finally set to start on lifts at Lichfield Trent Valley station
- 09:53 Plenty of reflection at arts circle
- 09:53 Pregnant Meghan Markle wears unusual necklace on Royal Tour to...
- 09:53 Nostalgia: Starting a French tradition at Parklands High School in...
- 09:53 Ben Roberts: Why plastics play such an important environmental role
- 09:52 Red Kangaroo fire: What if you had a booking?
- 09:51 Theresa May 'losing support of colleagues' over Brexit concessions
- 09:50 Nostalgia: Starting a French tradition at Parklands High School in...
- 09:50 Kenilworth School's 1,300 pupils all learn to restart a heart
- 09:50 Petition to keep key buses routes in Market Harborough and...
- 09:50 Boy band Westlife announce new tour to celebrate their 20th...
- 09:48 Motorist denies causing death by careless driving after collision...
- 09:48 Ilkeston NatWest community banker: the new face of a changing industry
- 09:47 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle