New neighbourhood with 1,500 homes planned for London Underground site
New plans have today been announced to transform a London Underground tunnelling site into a new neighbourhood.
The Mayor of London revealed that he hopes to build 1,500 homes to creating a ‘booming’ site.
Around 600 of the planned homes will be ‘genuinely affordable’, Sadiq Khan said.
Transport for London (TfL) is seeking a partner to develop the Limmo Peninsula in Newham, east London.
The site is currently being used to build the London Underground’s new Elizabeth Line, which is due to open in December.
At 12.3 acres, the peninsula is TfL’s largest land site.
Mr Khan made a promise of... read more
- 14:33 Mum who spent £15k on botched plastic surgery uses blood-sucking...
- 14:30 Fewer than one in eight rape cases result in convictions in...
- 14:30 'Don't punish the children': Hull parents' backlash over schools...
- 14:30 Thousands of Wiganers could have sex "superbug"
- 14:31 Scottish Government handed over public cash for advertising...
- 14:30 You're much more likely to die of cancer if you live in certain...
- 14:30 Police issue warning after £100k scam
- 14:30 Longridge put Palace Shield title credentials to test
- 14:31 Want to be bag free? Then visit LeftIt
- 14:31 Who was William Wallace and what was his role in the Battle of...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 Sharp rise in gun and knife crime in Sunderland, police recorded...
- 14:30 Main stage act pulls out of Tramlines festival after posting...
- 14:30 Shocking statistics reveal robberies on the rise in Sheffield
- 14:31 Mum Selina’s warning over tragic online pain ‘games’
- 14:30 Olivia in the running to become Miss England
- 14:30 Pupils honoured at Speech Day
- 14:30 Chernobyl children get arty at Cockermouth School
- 14:31 Arsonists strike NINE times across South Yorkshire overnight
- 14:31 Man found guilty of hunting hares with a dog in Derbyshire
- 14:30 Army Cadet who saved a life in Mansfield awarded by Mayor - as four...
- 14:30 Vandals branded ‘disgrace to society’ after defacing war memorial
- 14:30 New escape rooms coming to Wellingborough soon
- 14:30 Rats climbing walls and seen 'every day' at Northampton council estate
- 14:30 Grassy field ablaze in Holmewood
- 14:31 Do dock leaves cure nettle stings? Here's what to do if you get stung
- 14:30 Drought order made to draw water from three lakes
- 14:31 Self-harming children refused access to mental health services...
- 14:30 Recreated 'lost' cottage of murdered quilter opens under £18million...
- 14:30 Social action day improves grounds around Sheffield school