New Leeds free school proposals put on hold over field objections
Plans to open a new school and expand existing places available for children in Leeds have been discussed.
Leeds City Council’s Executive Board yesterday considered three separate reports that aim to provide more school places for children in parts of the city.
The council says that by 2020, up to 240 extra year seven places will need to be created in east Leeds, to meet growing demand.
Among the plans to address the issue are proposals for a new 1,200-place secondary free school to be built in east Leeds.
Following previous meetings, the plans now identify the Fearnville playing fields as... read more
- 01:36 Defying stereotypes of older age, the volunteer who is busier than...
- 01:30 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 01:23 Jailed for abortion: the 15-year-old girl failed by Indonesia
- 01:18 Last place in England to offer publicly-funded homeopathy is to...
- 01:18 Men trust their doctor more if they are the same race, study finds
- 01:11 Young people 'more sceptical about value of university' – poll
- 01:05 Sudoku 4140 hard
- 01:00 Australians living longer but life expectancy dips in US and UK
- 00:58 Majority of Scottish voters feel ignored by UK ministers on Brexit
- 00:55 ‘Comfort women’: the dark history of Japan’s WWII sex slaves
- 00:55 Bitcoin price falls below £5,000 as market hits ‘panic mode’
- 00:53 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 00:37 Tory suspended over "Nazi" language
- 00:37 Happy Jansson signs new deal with Leeds United
- 00:20 Almost 350 news outlets to publish editorials denouncing Trump's...
- 00:18 Frampton vs Jackson: Northern Irish sporting history will be made -...
- 00:12 Picket Lines Fair Game
- 00:10 Peterloo director calls for 1819 massacre to be taught in UK schools
- 00:06 Man, 36, nearly dies after smoking four joints that triggered rare...
- 00:06 Weight gain after quitting smoking increases a person’s type 2...
- 00:05 West Midlands Police officer charged over indecent child images
- 00:01 Meghan Markle might be pregnant - if you notice this subtle sign
- 23:59 Kim Jong-nam murder trial: two suspects await key Malaysia court...
- 23:57 NRL's coaching merry-go-round at risk of spinning out of control
- 23:57 Birmingham City midfielder Chiekh N'Doye close to completing move -...
- 23:50 Paul Manafort trial: judge hands case to jurors after closing...
- 23:32 Unai Emery to stick with Petr Cech for Chelsea clash after deeming...
- 23:28 PICTURES: Low water levels at Derwent Reservoir reveal lost village
- 23:25 Everton paid over the odds for Richarlison, admits Marcel Brands
- 23:25 Mature and motivated: Aleksandar Mitrovic ready to fire for Fulham