New Kick It Out chair Sanjay Bhandari asks fans to be ‘activists, not bystanders’
The new chair of Kick it Out, the organisation which campaigns against discrimination in football, has called on supporters to become “activists, not bystanders” in an attempt to stifle a new wave of racist behaviour.
Sanjay Bhandari is only the second chair of Kick it Out and replaces the founder, Lord Herman Ouseley, who held the role for 25 years. A former lawyer and member of the Premier League’s independent panel on equality, Bhandari believes football has the ability to lead on racism in society. But he says it also remains a real problem for the game, and admits having never reported... read more
- 10:39 Otley 0, Preston Grasshoppers 0: Paul Arnold's men halt bad run in...
- 10:37 Police appeal for witnesses after a robbery
- 10:37 The date has been set for the next Royal Wedding
- 10:34 Sarah’s leap for the ‘Ambucopter’
- 10:34 Young stars shine at awards night in Spilsby
- 10:30 Emmanuel Petit backs Carlo Ancelotti as ‘perfect’ for Arsenal manager
- 10:26 French new wave star Anna Karina dies aged 79
- 10:25 Santa dash raises charity cash
- 10:24 All the incidents that police dealt with last night in Leicester...
- 10:22 Planning permission granted for new home in garden of Bishop’s...
- 10:20 Man shot in Hull street by armed police
- 10:18 Man shot by police in Hull
- 10:16 Santa dash raises charity cash
- 10:15 M4 crash: One dead and one injured in four-vehicle collision
- 10:15 General election 2019: John McDonnell sorry for 'catastrophic'...
- 10:14 Michael Gove promises Brexit trade deal with EU by end of 2020
- 10:12 No happy return for Morecambe boss Derek Adams as Shrimps lose 3-0...
- 10:09 Race against time to launch Europe’s troubled mission to Mars
- 10:09 Man critical after being shot by police in Hessle Road in Hull
- 10:08 Police release update after cemetery closed for two days after...
- 10:07 Strictly champion Kelvin Fletcher in 'complete disbelief' over his win
- 10:06 Get ready for heavy snow as temperatures plummet to -8C
- 10:05 Harecoursing: Three arrested in Horsington area
- 10:02 Firefighters tackle major Glasgow city centre fire
- 09:54 What happens to Melanie Onn after losing the election?
- 09:54 'Please choose option two' - reaction to council's plans for Toll...
- 09:53 Faulty valve leaves thousands without water in Bedfordshire
- 09:53 Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland 'cannot be imprisoned' in UK
- 09:51 Man cut free from car after crash in Standish
- 09:50 No classic but North End get the job done: Preston fan John Smith...