New home for Lancaster and Morecambe support group
A support group which helps people with mental health problems has found a new home after a desperate search around the district.
Access Counselling Service is a not-for-profit community interest company which had been based in Trinity Community Centre in Middle Street, Lancaster, but staff were told last autumn that the building – owned by United Reformed Church – was being sold.
The team made a plea through the Lancaster Guardian in September to find new premises which they could afford and which would suit their clients, and have now opened up in a property in Morecambe.
The service has... read more
- 01:59 Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- 01:54 HMS Queen Elizabeth: Fighter jets to land on new aircraft carrier
- 01:45 'Turnbull, take your words back': South Sudanese plead for racism...
- 01:29 I was sacked from Taggart in two-minute phonecall but I'm looking...
- 01:28 'This is for real': Usain Bolt arrives in Sydney to chase football...
- 01:27 Romania protests: will the EU have to intervene?
- 01:27 Rise in type 2 diabetes in young people in England and Wales
- 01:25 Theatre review Fatally fractured masculinity
- 01:22 Wales completes £800m order for 148 new trains
- 01:21 Jayne Adye: Brexit still means Brexit – why the referendum result...
- 01:19 London Euston station closes for first of three weekends
- 01:13 The Yorkshire Post says: A war of words. How to mark the Armistice
- 01:13 The Yorkshire Post says: Hostage to fortune. Minister: Judge me by...
- 01:13 The Yorkshire Post says: Asylum chaos is set to mount. Yorkshire...
- 01:13 David Behrens: Convert empty high street shops into homes and solve...
- 01:13 Bob Kennard: Small abattoirs are key to meat quality and integrity...
- 01:02 Cases of type 2 diabetes among young people rise 41% in three years
- 00:55 Marchmont House is lovingly restored to its former glory
- 00:40 100 Women: The artist redrawing 'sexist' comic book covers
- 00:39 The immigrants who built Australia's 'fairytale' castles
- 00:35 Crazy Rich Asians: The film burdened with 'crazy' Asian expectations
- 00:32 Killer sudoku 619
- 00:30 Nigel Farage hits out at MPs as he joins forces with hard Brexit group
- 00:30 UK public backs tough action on plastic waste in record numbers
- 00:30 Corbyn to criticise tech firms' media influence in Edinburgh speech
- 00:28 Can you help? Harrogate couple's desperate appeal in search for...
- 00:28 Residents "short-changed" by "shoddy" road resurfacing
- 00:27 Behind the exodus from US state schools
- 00:17 Talking Horses: the best Saturday tips for Newbury, Ripon and...
- 00:11 HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier heads to US to carry first...