New drug 'stops common cold asthma deaths'
UK scientists have created a “Drug that slashes the risk of colds killing asthmatics”, the Daily Express dramatically reported today.
This, and similar stories in the press about this “revolutionary treatment” for a very worrying scenario, should be viewed with a high degree of caution. The news is based solely on a press release, which gives some information about the findings of an early-stage clinical trial of a new, unlicensed asthma drug called SNG001. The press release describes research that was conducted in a total of 134 adults who had asthma and were suffering from the symptoms of... read more
- 02:29 Dhaka fire: Blaze kills dozens in building
- 02:24 Could India and Pakistan go to war?
- 02:24 How will Brexit affect UK house prices?
- 02:03 Shamima Begum case: How do you deradicalise someone?
- 02:00 UK rehomes some 100 Syria White Helmets and family members
- 02:00 CO2 emissions from UK housing 'go up'
- 01:54 Australian government security contractor Paladin breaks silence on...
- 01:53 US Coast Guard officer Hasson 'planned terror attack'
- 01:46 'Religion cannot stop LGBT education', says Ofsted boss
- 01:46 Mail order knife site linked to Cambridge murder
- 01:43 Brexit: What happens to the Erasmus student scheme in a no deal?
- 01:43 Young people living in vans, tiny homes and containers
- 01:41 North Korea must take 'meaningful' steps to earn sanctions relief,...
- 01:30 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:30 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Stopping the rot – high time for high...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: The rise of the Independents – give this...
- 01:22 Auckland threatens to eject Lime scooters after wheels lock at high...
- 01:21 Jeremy Corbyn calls on eight Labour defectors to quit as MPs
- 01:15 Alex Sobel: Why it is now vital that we extend Article 50 over Brexit
- 01:15 Jayne Dowle: The Independent rebels with a cause must look to...
- 01:15 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight