New centre to aid severely injured patients opened by First Minister
A major trauma centre to treat the most seriously injured patients in the east of Scotland has been opened by First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
Based at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee, the centre will provide specialist care and rehabilitation to help improve patient recovery.
It is the second centre to open as part of the Scottish Trauma Network, which consists of four major trauma centres located across the country.
The first centre opened last month in Aberdeen, with centres in Glasgow and Edinburgh due to open in 2019.
On a tour of the centre, Ms Sturgeon spoke to representatives from the... read more
- 04:23 Kurtley Beale ready to move on after creating 'bad image' for rugby...
- 04:14 Ex-Russia probe overseer Rod Rosenstein 'to step down by March'
- 03:58 Bulk carrier runs aground on Solomon Islands reef spilling oil
- 03:58 Rod Rosenstein, key figure behind Mueller inquiry, expected to step...
- 03:39 UK and French tourists missing in Australia beach search
- 02:24 Police confirm death of man following three-car Angus road crash
- 02:19 Can the Brexit Party succeed?
- 02:18 Tay Cities Business Week
- 02:18 Dundee firm at forefront of robotics revolution
- 02:18 Fergus Ewing demands compensation for Scottish farmers and crofters...
- 02:18 Kirkcaldy pay TV specialist announces landmark BT deal
- 02:18 Major Angus windfarm to boost local companies
- 02:18 Potato chiefs working to keep buyers on side post-Brexit
- 02:18 Blackberry breeding scheme is already bearing great fruit
- 02:10 Sick refugees on Manus and Nauru to be sent to Christmas Island not...
- 02:10 16 US states sue over Trump border wall emergency declaration
- 02:07 Arsene Wenger appears to disagree with Maurizio Sarri over how best...
- 01:54 Labour warned more MPs 'thinking long and hard' about futures
- 01:50 No points punishment as Leeds United are hit with fine by EFL for...
- 01:45 Sheela-na-gigs: The naked women adorning Britain's churches
- 01:45 Stephen Lawrence: How has his murder changed policing?
- 01:45 Birmingham bin row: Workers start latest strike action
- 01:29 Top Gear season 26 episode 1 review: is the show finally back on...
- 01:28 Australia's drought leading to 'suffering' of children, UN warns
- 01:23 Police search for missing UK and French tourists at beach near Port...
- 01:14 US states sue Trump over border wall
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Labour split comes at fractious time for...
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Attitudes to clothing must shift from...
- 00:59 Green anger at SNP for bowing to ‘right-wing voices’ over income tax
- 00:58 Justin Trudeau's top adviser resigns as 'political meddling'...