Netflix sued over Bandersnatch's similarities to Choose Your Own Adventure
Netflix is being sued over its recent interactive episode of Black Mirror.
The streaming platform released the feature-length Bandersnatch in December which allowed viewers to make decisions at various points of the story, affecting what outcome they might then encounter. But the publishers behind the long-running Choose Your Own Adventure series of books is claiming their brand had been unfairly used.
The Vermont-based Chooseco LLC has filed a complaint claiming that Netflix is using an association with the brand to increase awareness of Bandersnatch.
“Chooseco and Netflix engaged in... read more
- 13:29 New office block on way as demand near Sheffield station soars
- 13:29 Children’s Sleep Charity helping 300 Doncaster children a year...
- 13:28 ‘What rebellion?’ Tories and Labour ignore seismic changes in...
- 13:28 New office block on way as demand near Sheffield station soars
- 13:27 Laser pen warning after plane flying over North East is targeted in...
- 13:26 Formula 1: Drive to Survive series to launch on Netflix in March -...
- 13:26 Job boost as construction training scheme launched in north Hull
- 13:24 BalletBoyz bring new works to the Lichfield Garrick stage
- 13:24 'Not rock-bottom distressing enough': Pure reviewed by people with OCD
- 13:24 North Ronaldsay produce celebrated by TV chef James Martin in ITV...
- 13:24 Man punched in the face in 'nasty incident' at The Eldon Hotel pub...
- 13:24 We investigate EU myths: From bendy bananas to banning kids colouring
- 13:24 Chelsea fans RAGE at claims Arsene Wenger would be 'great' Maurizio...
- 13:23 Elon Musk reveals why he quit organisation which made AI so...
- 13:21 We investigate EU myths: From bendy bananas to banning kids colouring
- 13:19 Revealed: Missed GP appointments in St Helens cost the NHS...
- 13:19 UK 4G 'slower than most of EU when busy'
- 13:18 "I thought I killed him" - Mum speaks out after knocking down teen...
- 13:18 A new way to sell your car comes to Scarborough
- 13:18 Who are the Tory rebels who have quit party over Brexit?
- 13:17 M62 blocked after vehicle overturns in crash - updates
- 13:16 Who are the three Tory defectors?
- 13:14 Fife beaches closed over suspected oil spill
- 13:14 Onima restaurant review: Mayfair meets the Med
- 13:14 Chocolatier says vegan Cadbury’s Creme Egg better than original
- 13:14 Why the future of the World Club Challenge must be secured
- 13:14 LGBT group drops Martina Navratilova over transgender comments
- 13:13 Preston man to attempt 1,720-mile barefoot walking Guinness World...
- 13:12 We investigate EU myths: From bendy bananas to banning kids colouring
- 13:12 Shock as emergency services and air ambulance descend on 'quiet'...