Nathan Cleverly revives career with WBA regular light-heavyweight title
Nathan Cleverly's career has been revived after he won the WBA regular light-heavyweight title in Germany on Saturday evening following Juergen Braehmer's withdrawal through injury.
The defending champion, from Germany, appeared to be leading his one-dimensional challenger when he pulled out at the end of the sixth round in Neubrandenburg.
Cleverly, 29 and once the WBO champion, again looked far from the fighter he was before suffering his first professional defeat to Russia's Sergey Kovalev in 2013.
Little thought or skill went into an approach reliant on work-rate and an apparent hope his... read more
- 12:10 France team news: Antoine Griezmann, Paul Pogba to start in this...
- 12:09 Lionel Richie: Endless love for couple who get engaged at concert
- 12:08 Jeremy Hunt hits back at Airbus over Brexit warnings on jobs
- 12:07 I’m an introvert and no, I don’t wish I was an extrovert
- 12:06 ‘Security guards’ filmed in huge bust up outside Primark store
- 12:06 Birmingham Page 3 girl Janine Andrews bounces back from cancer
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Grant for wildlife group
- 12:06 Man pretended to be cab driver so he could rape women after...
- 12:05 Volunteers transform gardens for Mencap service users
- 12:05 Bernd Leno reveals private talks with Shkodran Mustafi ahead of...
- 12:04 Top cop hangs up hat for the last time
- 12:04 Councillors to meet next week to discuss hot topics
- 12:04 Ulverston man banned after admitting Barrow drug driving charge
- 12:04 Thresher sharks use their tails like bullwhips to kill or stun prey
- 12:04 Vulnerable pensioner bit thief's arm to stop her stealing £200 in...
- 12:04 Tit-for-tat tariff battle could spark downturn in global economy – BIS
- 12:03 Fence alight at Long Eaton home
- 12:02 The six things you need to know to keep your pet safe in the hot...
- 12:02 Sleaford's Rapunzel to cut off three feet of hair - here is why
- 12:01 Forty years since Fat Is A Feminist Issue
- 12:00 John McEnroe calls for Wimbledon to seed Serena Williams ahead of...
- 12:00 HMS Queen Elizabeth squeezes into harbour on her return to Portsmouth
- 12:00 Woman seriously injured in ‘horrific’ sexual assault attack
- 12:00 We asked our readers for their memories of the Clock Tower - and...
- 11:57 Chief ‘sad’ over low turnout of England fans at World Cup
- 11:57 England and Panama fans party until dawn
- 11:57 Man, 59, gets four consecutive life sentences for raping...
- 11:57 Bolton Wanderers linked with departing Burton Albion midfielder
- 11:55 Fisherman robbed of haul at sea off Devon's Slapton Sands
- 11:54 New event set to unite Wragby community