Mystery of lost Scottish ship may be solved after 135 years
A Clydebuilt ship which was reported missing, presumed sunk, more than 130 years ago may finally have been found.
The West Ridge, a 220-foot iron barque, was transporting a shipment of coal in 1883 from the UK to India but never reached its final destination.
Now investigators searching for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have revealed they may have inadvertently found the West Ridge on the bottom of the Indian Ocean.
Australian maritime researchers discovered two previously unknown ship wrecks while using sonar imaging equipment in an attempt to find the Boeing 777 which... read more
- 01:27 Children left in limbo after Butterstone school closure
- 01:27 'I’m just ill – respect me for who I am'
- 01:25 Obesity overtaking smoking as biggest Welsh health risk
- 01:25 Wylfa: Decision on future of nuclear power station expected
- 01:19 UK groups fund illegal orphanages in Africa
- 01:11 Maria Sharapova prepares for grudge match with defending champion...
- 01:11 GCHQ sets up all-female cyber-training classes
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Spring sightings question thinking over...
- 01:05 No 10 rules out customs union after Brexiters warn of Tory split
- 01:05 Kenya attack: Who are the Nairobi victims?
- 01:05 Marie Kondo - does tidiness really equal a clean mind?
- 01:05 Teenage cancer survival 'on the up' in England, report finds
- 00:55 Calling time in town
- 00:51 Nauru doctor wins global free speech award for speaking out on...
- 00:49 UK house prices fall at fastest rate in six years on back of Brexit...
- 00:49 More than 170 business leaders join call for second Brexit referendum
- 00:46 The diet to save lives, the planet and feed us all?
- 00:37 Monika Billen: German tourist found dead in Australian outback
- 00:34 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 00:30 Sudoku 4,271 hard
- 00:28 Parents' break-up more likely to harm mental health of children...
- 00:23 Reece Prescod: ‘I want to run sub-10 seconds for the 100m at every...
- 00:23 Manu Tuilagi ready to make ‘explosive’ England comeback, says...
- 00:22 Putin warns West on Balkans as Serbia prepares lavish welcome
- 00:21 Hermes: Where the luxury giant is an industry outsider
- 00:13 Why are the Chinese buying fewer cars?
- 00:13 Commuters and students 'short-changed by the government'
- 00:13 Retailers told to clean up act over fake faux fur
- 00:13 No-deal Brexit warning for UK drivers
- 00:13 Housing market outlook worst 'for 20 years'