Myanmar: Rohingya accused of Hindu massacre
MYANMAR police accused Rohingya militants yesterday of killing 28 Hindu villagers whose bodies were found in two mass graves.
Myanmar border police Major Zayar Nyein in northern Rakhine state said the graves were discovered on Sunday and contained the bodies of 20 women and 8 men and boys.
The government’s information committee said on its Facebook page that 300 Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (Arsa) militants had rounded up 100 Hindus, killing most of them on August 25.
But Arsa has denied the allegations, telling Reuters yesterday that claims of its militants killing Hindu villagers were... read more
- 10:18 ‘We’re steaming’ say residents over plans for up to 500 homes on...
- 10:18 Doncaster man’s warning after losing £100,000 in online sex fraud
- 10:18 Ex-Malaysia PM Najib hit with 25 charges of money laundering and...
- 10:18 Manhunt launched for stranger who offered teenager £20 to 'go with...
- 10:17 Car ploughs into estate agents
- 10:16 Businesses urged not to miss out on £3,000 broadband vouchers
- 10:16 Poundland plans to take over 20 former Poundworld stores
- 10:16 Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance called to ‘crash’ scenario at RAF Scampton
- 10:15 Window of opportunity for children and parents at Park Academy
- 10:15 The best TV shows this week
- 10:15 Diogo Dalot reacts to making Man Utd debut and sends message to...
- 10:15 Preston weather forecast: Yellow warnings in place as heavy rain...
- 10:15 Morecambe’s volunteer lifeboat crew launch to man in water
- 10:14 Weather warnings in place as Storm Ali blows into Wakefield
- 10:12 Danny Cipriani left out of England squad - five Wasps included
- 10:12 The best TV shows this week
- 10:11 Netball team smash target in teammate’s memory
- 10:11 Typhoon Mangkhut has made landfall in southern China
- 10:11 WWE NXT: Results, winners, grades
- 10:10 Danny Cipriani left out of England squad while Manu Tuilagi earns...
- 10:10 Video shows chairs and punches thrown during mass brawl at boxing...
- 10:10 Hackers steal £45million from Japanese digital currency exchange
- 10:09 Weather warnings in place as Storm Ali blows into Wakefield
- 10:08 Beach rebuilding efforts won't stave off climate change impacts...
- 10:08 Heavy rain to hit England and Wales in aftermath of Storm Ali
- 10:08 James Bond 25: Cary Fukunaga named as new director
- 10:08 Beijing complains as US 'orders Chinese media to register as...
- 10:08 Headteacher 'suspended' and ambitious '£60k theatre' torn down -...
- 10:08 Parents urged to apply for Northants school places for September...
- 10:07 Nine-year-old girl tragically dies after eating wrong Cadbury...