My husband I laughed in the face of his cancer – now we’re encouraging others to do the same
The first year of marriage brings with it many revelations. There’s the moment when you look at the love of your life and wonder how come you hadn’t realised until now that they were this annoying.
When you discover they don’t know what ‘clean’ means. And that, surprisingly, there are no limits to just how petty and passive aggressive you can be when the moment truly calls for it. Now, throw cancer into the mix and welcome to our life.
Brendan’s Leukemia added a little extra baggage to newly-wed life for us. Think of it as the elephant in the room and Brendan is chained to it.
You can’t not... read more
- 11:57 Immigration proposals would be "disastrous" for Cumbria says...
- 11:56 Shiver ye voice boxes mateys and take part in international 'Talk...
- 11:55 The controversial new artwork which has replaced 'offensive' graffiti
- 11:54 Windy weekend ahead as Met Office issue yellow weather warning
- 11:53 Poor Toad: How Stormy Daniels ruined Mario Kart
- 11:53 Suspected thief tried to evade Chesterfield police by hiding in a bush
- 11:53 Northern Powergrid prepared for Storm Ali
- 11:52 Storm Ali: 'Danger to life' wind warning extended further into...
- 11:51 Lorry smashes into scaffolding - leaving worker stranded in Willenhall
- 11:51 LoveBrum team to tackle Great Birmingham Run
- 11:51 Moeen Ali has ‘whole England team behind him’ over ‘Osama’...
- 11:51 What is ‘lawnmower parenting’?
- 11:51 Disney and ColourPop are bringing you a magical makeup line
- 11:51 Son organises charity coffee morning at the White Hart in Aylesbury...
- 11:51 Could you volunteer for Aylesbury Rock Against Racism role?
- 11:50 Selling off Pendle's leisure services would not be fair play
- 11:50 When is the Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018 and how to get the poster...
- 11:49 Stratford Town appoint Thomas Baillie as head of football
- 11:49 Award marks royal seal of approval
- 11:49 "He is too young for full time education" Mum refuses to send son,...
- 11:48 Northern Powergrid prepared for Storm Ali
- 11:46 Louth teenager takes on huge abseil to support Alzheimer’s charities.
- 11:46 Sony unveils mini PlayStation Classic console
- 11:45 Thousands suffer cold in South Yorkshire, as fuel poverty crisis...
- 11:44 Fantasy Football Transfer Guru: Premium picks and bargain buys...
- 11:43 Justin Bieber serenades Hailey Baldwin outside Buckingham Palace
- 11:43 Dog seized after attack
- 11:42 Russells Circus statement after body found in Grimsby big top
- 11:41 Dundee lose their appeal against Kenny Miller red card
- 11:41 Future of Kenilworth's outdoor pool plunged into doubt