Murderer who strangled mum of his new-born child to death gets life in jail
A man who strangled the mum of his new-born child to death in a drink-fuelled rage has been jailed for life.
Mark Mahoney subjected popular care assistant Vikki Hull to a violent early morning attack on the sofa of her dad’s Speke home.
He then left her for dead , wandering the streets and sending messages to other women before he was finally arrested that night.
Mahoney had been with Vikki and her dad, Jack Hull, throughout Saturday, April 8 - initially enjoying a barbecue at the Heaton Close home where they all lived.
They then went to the Orient pub - where Vikki posted a “happy looking”... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle