Murder probe underway after teenager shot as he rode motorbike dies
A murder investigation is underway after a teenager died after being shot in the head as he was riding on a motorbike.
Police this evening confirmed that 17-year-old James Meadows had died in hospital where he was being treated following the incident in Huyton.
Initial reports were that he had been injured after falling off the bike he was riding as a pillion passenger.
But later a hospital scan found his injuries were consistent with having been shot.
Merseyside Police tonight issued a statement which said: “A murder investigation has been launched after 17-year-old James Meadows, who was... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle