Mum who ran over boyfriend after finding out he was a rapist and a cheat is spared jail
A care worker who ran over her boyfriend after finding out he was a rapist and a cheat has been spared jail.
Linda Shaw lay in wait by the house night porter Barrington Sinclair shared with his “other woman” and their two children.
She followed him in her Fiat Punto as he cycled to work and drove at him when he stopped.
As he lay in the road with a fractured leg, the mum-of-one screamed: “Look what you’ve made me do” before fleeing, Minshull crown court heard.
Mr Sinclair, 32, of Droylsden, Gtr Manchester, needed several operations after the December 2017 attack and was left with a limp.... read more
- 13:13 Real snow Santa's grotto at Chill Factore – here's how to get tickets
- 12:57 First TV election debate: five things to look out for tonight
- 12:36 Council agrees new measures to tackle climate change
- 12:36 Stratford juniors secure best ever cross country result at Warley...
- 12:03 Aliens are ‘switching our nuclear weapons on and off’, says lobbyist
- 11:49 Sai Aletaha: Fatally hurt MMA fighter was 'liked by everyone'
- 11:03 Six things we learned from Prince Andrew’s ‘disastrous’ Jeffrey...
- 10:36 Family of Lichfield teenager reveal “devastation” after Friary...
- 10:36 Lichfield woman thanks charity for helping her find work as she...
- 10:25 Girl, 7, writes to Father Christmas asking for a home and food
- 10:00 Spark in Burntwood to host fundraising Christmas fair
- 09:29 Radcliffe sexual assault images released
- 08:16 Will Young and James Morrison confirmed for outdoor concert near...
- 06:35 Amateur MMA fighter Sai Aletaha dies after Southampton match injury
- 02:02 What is Jeremy Corbyn’s nuclear weapons policy?