Mum says she was covered in bed bug bites after stay at ‘disgusting’ holiday park
A mum claims she has been left covered in bed bug bites after her holiday turned into a nightmare.
Leesa Deen and her friends paid £1277 to stay in a chalet at Pontins’ Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park in Wales in May.
But when they arrived they were met by mouse droppings, rotten leftover food and mould on the windows, the 43-year-old said.
Even worse was to come – Leesa says the beds were infested with bed bugs, leaving her in pain all over her body.
She told the Daily Record: ‘I was shocked at the state of the place and it was pretty clear it hadn’t been cleaned for our arrival.
‘It was... read more
- 02:51 MPs accuse government of complacency over 'fake news' on Facebook
- 02:51 Australia play part in cricket history even as UAE's World Cup...
- 02:39 Cruden results hit by lower private home sales
- 02:10 Former Newsnight editor: 'Stop obsessing about gender'
- 02:05 Matugga Distillers add ‘African soul’ to West Lothian site
- 02:05 Number of fast food outlets in Leeds is on the rise, figures reveal
- 02:01 'Watching our mates drop dead': New Zealand's synthetic cannabis...
- 01:55 Vegetarian meat substitutes 'exceeding salt limits'
- 01:47 Attending public or private school makes no difference in Naplan...
- 01:27 South Shields care home team win national award for going the extra...
- 01:22 Amy Schumer announces pregnancy on Instagram
- 01:16 Monsanto trial: judge rejects bid to overturn landmark cancer verdict
- 01:16 Guns and guards to be removed from Korean 'truce village' of Panmunjom
- 01:15 Demands for extra cash for ‘ignored’ children
- 01:12 Beaver reintroduction positive example of 'rewilding' says study
- 01:10 Liam Fox says Trump 'very keen' on trade deal
- 01:08 Britain's oldest football referee William "Harry" Hardy funeral
- 01:06 Andrew Vine: Politicians must get out of the gutter and heed the...
- 01:02 Tim Dewey: Budget must deliver three cheers for the great British...
- 01:02 Diana Johnson: Time to remove the stigma from our abortion laws and...
- 01:02 Pret sandwich death: Michael Gove to meet family
- 01:00 World's oldest intact shipwreck discovered in Black Sea
- 00:59 Stephen Hawking's personal items to be sold at auction
- 00:56 Spending plans must not ignore children, government told
- 00:46 Scheme to bring affordable housing to Knaresborough officially...
- 00:41 Man ‘stoned to death’ by monkeys
- 00:34 Highlands and Islands named among top world destinations for 2019
- 00:32 DVDs have had their day as shoppers go skimpy and sustainable
- 00:31 Sexual harassment inquiry finds it's not safe for women and girls...
- 00:29 Bodybuilding brothers face-off