Mum's heartbreak over three-year-old's death after mistake during surgery
A mum told of her heartbreak after her three-year-old daughter died from a mistake during surgery at Alder Hey hospital.
The hospital has apologised over the death of “happy soul” Caitlyn Parry, admitting failures in care and agreeing a settlement with her family.
Mum Sian Parry, 37, said she was still suffering from the tragic loss of her daughter in March 2010.
She claimed she had been forced to fight the hospital since then and seek legal help to get the full story and an apology over what happened.
Caitlyn had gone in for an operation to remove a Wilms' tumour, a form of kidney cancer... read more
- 09:54 What’s on in the Pocklington and district area over the next couple...
- 09:54 Work begins on flooding scheme
- 09:54 Shoppers in Lichfield can pick up festive mince pies – in September!
- 09:53 Motorcycle stolen in Workington
- 09:51 Wakefield Council leader Peter Box vows to stay on in role
- 09:51 Major route into Northampton at a standstill after bus fire
- 09:51 Ram raiders fail in bid to steal cash machine from Doncaster shop
- 09:51 Heart of Your Community 2018 - vote for your Charity Champion
- 09:51 Chris Grayling refuses to take blame for rail timetable chaos
- 09:50 Organisers of hospital protest march hoping for a huge turn out
- 09:49 What to stream and download this week
- 09:49 Rugby mayor encourages residents to sign pledge to improve their...
- 09:48 SIX miles of delays as police race to crash on A1 near Stamford
- 09:47 Dutch rail crash: Four children killed on cargo bike
- 09:47 Manchester United star Paul Pogba explains his bizarre...
- 09:46 James Bond: Carey Fukunaga to direct next James Bond film
- 09:46 Raise a glass to the 12th beer festival
- 09:45 Chris Evans' wife has given birth to twins
- 09:45 Blackpool weather forecast: Warnings in place as heavy rain and...
- 09:45 MP urges no VISA for ‘anti gay’ preacher
- 09:45 Drug-troubled thief who struck at Wilko’s is spared from jail
- 09:44 Rugby fan died from being hit by multiple cars after falling out of...
- 09:43 Birch Vale couple celebrate 60 years of marriage
- 09:43 Do I need special insurance for my listed home? Ask the experts
- 09:42 Another Donington Decider as Adam aims for history-making third...
- 09:42 Fringe players will have to keep their focus at St Johnstone
- 09:42 Jack Black and Cate Blanchett talk The House With A Clock In Its...
- 09:42 New scheme for East Coast where paramedics will help with patients...
- 09:41 Drug-troubled thief who struck at Wilko’s is spared from jail
- 09:41 Football transfer rumours: Éver Banega for Emery reunion at Arsenal?