Move to improve security at Chesterfield psychiatric unit after detained patient escaped and took his own life
A Chesterfield psychiatric unit has taken action after a detained patient escaped from the site and took his own life.
Michael Mapley was found dead in a field three days after going missing from the Hartington Unit in July 2016.
A jury inquest, at Chesterfield Coroner’s Court, concluded that the 43-year-old died from suicide by hanging and that his death was ‘influenced’ by his mental health issues.
The court heard that Michael set fire to some papers in his dormitory on July 10 2016- triggering the ward’s fire alarm and opening an automatic fire door, allowing him to escape.
On July 13 he... read more
- 11:52 Ceronetti wins first Winter Series crown
- 11:52 Build a scarecrow for the birthday
- 11:52 Title in sight for Town Youth after Lye stalemate
- 11:52 CSE awareness week – businesses, hotels and licensing training
- 11:51 Great Wall trek for Leamington fundraisers
- 11:51 Leamington takeaway operator admits 21 hygiene offences
- 11:50 Parkfield School LGBT lessons 'not axed' despite protests
- 11:50 O2 responds to fault that left customers unable to make calls
- 11:50 Marmite Peanut Butter launches in the UK to divide every Brit
- 11:49 The 20 best secondary schools in Scotland ranked by Higher results
- 11:49 ‘No evidence’ Sunderland youngsters are starting wheelie bin fires...
- 11:49 The worst performing secondary schools in Glasgow ranked by Highers...
- 11:49 How do you fancy tasting KFC's latest chicken burger topped with...
- 11:49 Ricky Gervais confirms After Life season 2 - and he's already...
- 11:49 Brits set to be furiously divided as Marmite peanut butter launched
- 11:49 Person pronounced dead after incident on the tracks at Dewsbury...
- 11:49 Woman hit by car later collapses at work after telling driver 'I'm...
- 11:47 ‘Up the EFL’ Birmingham City fans are buzzing with points deduction
- 11:47 Adidas Outlet has 50% off everything - but you'll have to be quick
- 11:46 Preston's secret landlords dodging tax payments
- 11:46 Person pronounced dead after incident on the tracks at Dewsbury...
- 11:46 Leamington takeaway operator admits 21 hygiene offences
- 11:46 Villagers attend dedication service for new war memorial at...
- 11:46 Call for Lancaster Storm Desmond flood report to be made public
- 11:45 How do you fancy tasting KFC's latest chicken burger topped with...
- 11:45 Tyson Fury set to face undefeated Tom Schwarz in next fight in Las...
- 11:45 Ricky Gervais confirms After Life season 2 - and he's already...
- 11:45 Person pronounced dead after incident on the tracks at Dewsbury...
- 11:45 £750 million investment pledge for Lincolnshire
- 11:44 Prime Doncaster offices with 101 on-site parking spaces sell for...