Mother has ‘no regrets’ over taking dying son to Mexico
The mother of a terminally ill eight-year-old who died on Tuesday has said she has “no regrets” about taking him to Mexico for treatment.
Jennifer Ure Stewart told the Scotsman that the nine trips to the Monterrey Vale Clinic where her son Luke received 14 sets of treatment for an aggressive brain tumour known as Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Giloma (DIPG), had prolonged the youngster’s life by around a year.
Mrs Ure Stewart from Tranent, plans to continue her campaign for funding to be made available to research a cure for DIPG and said it’s her dream to build a hospice in East Lothian to... read more
- 23:15 Fantasy Premier League tips: FPL players you must avoid in 2018/19...
- 01:08 Samuel Ribansky: Why Brexit equates to frack if Britain to secure...
- 18:52 Thai cave rescue boys mourn after hearing that diver died
- 18:52 Judge halts deportation of families reunified by Trump administration
- 18:52 Trump 'treasonous' after siding with Putin on election meddling
- 18:52 Alexis Sánchez misses the start of Manchester United’s American tour
- 18:52 Football and fat fees: questions raised over funding of sporting...
- 18:52 Tributes paid to Ray Emery after NHL champion drowns at age of 35
- 18:52 Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal banned for two Tests and four ODIs
- 18:52 Lizzie Deignan will lead Trek’s new professional women’s cycling team
- 18:52 Craig Parry recalls Van de Velde fiasco and missing his own Open...
- 18:52 Bradley Wiggins stirs pot with warning of leadership battle in Team...
- 18:52 Did you solve it? Head-spinning bicycle puzzles
- 18:51 Love Island did not breach rules showing Dani Dyer's 'distress'
- 18:51 Most expensive Chinese film ever pulled from cinemas after it bombs
- 18:51 Ready for this jelly: how Kylie Jenner kickstarted the #jellynails...
- 00:54 Parents warned over 'toxic' slime
- 00:54 'Billion dollar ransom': Did Qatar pay record sum?
- 18:51 Final whistle: women call time on boring, ugly football kits
- 18:51 Wimbledon vs The World Cup: The style verdict
- 00:54 Prehistoric bake-off: Recipe for oldest bread revealed
- 18:51 Dozens of rabbis say Labour chooses to ignore UK Jewish community
- 00:54 Bowel cancer screening could shed light on other conditions
- 00:54 Anti-knife crime lessons for holidays
- 18:51 'The right to sit': Indian law change allows female workers to rest
- 00:54 Editing human embryos 'morally permissible'
- 00:54 Danny Welbeck’s Arsenal future under threat as Unai Emery begins to...
- 00:48 Lava ‘bomb’ strikes tour boat injuring 22 people near Kilauea Volcano
- 00:48 The cameras that know if you're happy - or a threat
- 16:30 'I nearly died': Richard Bacon pays tribute to NHS after health ordeal