Morecambe police issue light hearted ‘clown alert’
A craze where people are dressing up as clowns to frighten residents appears to have hit Morecambe.
Police issued a light-hearted warning following numerous reports of clown sightings in the town on Friday night.
A Morecambe Area Police Facebook post on October 8 read: “We’ve had several reports of people dressed as clowns going around scaring folks, its a craze going round the world! However please be aware, you could scare the wrong person and end up with an unintended outcome. Surely there’s enough clowns in Morecambe already?”
One of the clowns causing concern was at the Battery in... read more
- 11:11 Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- 11:11 More rare dormice released into the wild
- 11:11 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:10 Gareth Southgate would not swap Harry Kane for anyone
- 11:10 Fantastic family fun on the canal
- 11:10 Inquest adjourned following sudden death of Barrow dad, 45
- 11:09 Stop your dogs biting us, plead postmen after 2,300 attacks in...
- 11:09 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:08 Witness appeal after theft and fraud in locations including village...
- 11:08 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 South Korean piano star Yeol Eum Son to stun East Neuk Festival...
- 11:07 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 Woman arrested for attempted murder after incident near pub
- 11:06 Arriva launching Uber for buses in Liverpool
- 11:06 'Blowtorch' UK heatwave could reach temperatures of 35C
- 11:06 How was your weekend running?
- 11:06 Hero dad saved 11-year-old boy from horrifying dog attack in park
- 11:06 Stay BBQ safe during summer heatwave
- 11:06 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:05 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:05 Nigerian music star D'banj's son 'drowns at home'
- 11:05 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:03 Grayling says "I don't run railsways" as he distances himself from...
- 11:03 Music review: Lulu, Kelvingrove Bandstand, Glasgow
- 11:03 West Ham's ex-Burton Albion loanee wanted by Dutch Eredivise side
- 11:02 How do you turn burn into tan?
- 11:02 Firearms investigation launched after 'disorder' at junior boxing...
- 11:00 John's real-time WW1 blog: All quiet on the Western Front but...
- 11:00 These are the best schools in Leicestershire - according to the...
- 10:59 Jeremy Hunt name curse strikes again at BBC