'More women must get recommended treatments after heart attack to save lives'
Women must get the same treatment options as men after a heart attack to cut the number of female deaths, a charity has said.
Women are on average less likely than men to receive the recommended treatments after suffering a heart attack, research part-funded by the British Heart Foundation (BHF) suggests.
In terms of patients who die following a heart attack, the gap between the sexes "decreased dramatically" when women were given the same treatments offered to men, the charity said of the research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association.
Women who suffered a... read more
- 06:46 Tragedy of the Lord of the Rings pals: Murder claims life of last...
- 06:46 Bellway Homes took water without paying on Thringstone development...
- 06:46 Lavender Hills care home resident celebrates 100th birthday with...
- 06:46 Chelsea transfer news: Blues WANT to sell Eden Hazard to Real...
- 06:46 These food takeaway kiosks in Skegness and Ingoldmells have only...
- 06:47 Car collides with steel barrier in Foleshill Road collision
- 06:47 Queen’s income from private estate tops £20 million
- 06:47 This is how the weather is looking in Derbyshire this weekend
- 06:46 Neil Hudson: Bored of Brexit? Not yet
- 06:46 Call for greater funding for IVF treatments
- 06:46 Last day for Rushden shoe firm’s leather buyer
- 06:46 Health professionals warn of increased risk of bed sores
- 06:46 Coroner delivers verdict on tragic death of Daisy Dymyd, 6
- 06:46 Planning dinner out with the kids? We tried The Ranch where they...
- 06:46 Chelsea transfer news: Barcelona table third offer of £55m for Willian
- 06:47 Young homeless woman reveals what her first night sleeping on the...
- 06:46 Leeds twins born THREE DAYS apart celebrate birthday milestone
- 06:46 Wedding day drama as bride breaks down on way to church - but...
- 06:47 Extra strain on Derbyshire hospitals as helpline sends more callers...
- 03:43 The Yorkshire Post says: Man of the people. Minster tribute to...
- 06:46 New bar and grill opens its doors in Corby town centre
- 06:46 Barrow paedophile stung by vigilante group jailed
- 06:46 Putt your golf skills to the test at Mayor's charity tournament
- 06:46 The One Show's Helen Fospero tackles Borneo jungle for Barnardo's
- 06:46 All or Nothing coming to entertain at Rolleston Club
- 06:46 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 06:46 Tottenham braced for offers from Real Madrid for World Cup star...
- 06:46 Some weird things have washed up on Lincolnshire's beaches over the...
- 06:47 This is how hot it will be in Hull after weather warning issued
- 03:43 The Yorkshire Post says: The IVF dilemma. High emotions over social...