More women like to party these days
We all know that Lancashire women enjoy a good night out as much as men.
Now Preston-based ticketing outlet Skiddle has revealed that women are buying a record number of tickets to live music events.
Skiddle is a major hub for a wide range of events from concerts at Preston Guild Hall and gigs in the city to major UK festivals.
Skiddle says that over the past five years, women have grown their market share of overall ticket sales by 22 per cent.
And in 2018, female music lovers out-purchased men by 13 per cent on average.
Music festival tickets are where women are most dominant.
In 2018,... read more
- 01:37 UK scientists join race for lab-grown meat
- 01:12 Preston schoolgirl Saira Ali wins a national LEGO competition by...
- 01:08 Scott Morrison rules out One Nation preference deal after...
- 01:08 Nebraska floods: private pilots fly in to help city walled off by...
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,323 medium
- 00:54 Guardian readers help write history
- 00:52 Man's 400-mile drive to help stranger visit dying mother
- 00:52 'Stupid' Cadbury treasure hunt ad withdrawn after complaints
- 00:35 Italy's La Scala opera house to return Saudi millions
- 00:34 No-deal Brexit could mean £130m hit to research budgets
- 00:32 Russell Galley: Working together to put end to financial exclusion
- 00:29 Children predict future to have flying cars and robot waiters
- 00:27 Why are Venezuelans seeking refuge in crypto-currencies?
- 00:21 England’s post-16 qualifications to be streamlined
- 00:19 Mark Casci: Celebrating what is great and good about Yorkshire...
- 00:19 Flying cars and robot waiters in children's views of the future
- 00:17 Home leasehold system needs reform, say MPs
- 00:17 World's most expensive cities revealed
- 00:16 Children predict future to have flying cars and robot waiters
- 00:16 Women's NCAA Tournament: 11-time champs UConn miss out on No1 seed
- 00:12 UK breast cancer death rates falling fastest in ‘big six’ of Europe
- 00:12 Use forecast to talk about climate change, urges ex-BBC presenter
- 00:12 MPs call for Viagogo boycott and shake-up of ticket touting laws
- 00:12 Discrimination against urban music persists, says report to MPs
- 00:07 Alun Wyn Jones says don’t rule out Warren Gatland coaching England
- 00:02 British billionaire holds Chelsea takeover talks as Roman...
- 23:32 Watch BBC One's brand new trailer for Gentleman Jack
- 23:27 Drug dealer fled hospital in boxers with drip attached so he didn’t...
- 23:15 Germany’s learning visits offer measure of Dan Ashworth’s England...
- 23:09 Greens push to suspend Fraser Anning from parliament