More people sectioned in South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
More people are being sectioned under the Mental Health Act in the South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, reflecting a trend seen across the country.
The Royal College of Psychiatrists said that while reasons for the rise were complex, one factor is that people are waiting too long to receive help for mental illnesses.
On 31 March this year, a snapshot was taken of people detained under the Mental Health Act in the South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. On that date, around 380 were sectioned, up from 360 at the same time in 2017.
The numbers provided by NHS... read more
- 16:15 Halifax man now charged over murder of Bradford pensioner who was...
- 16:15 Scarborough Primary Schools Key Stage 2 Performance Tables 2018:...
- 16:14 The 22 new UK laws coming into effect in 2019 that you need to know...
- 16:14 Derbyshire police chief hits back at county council leader’s claims...
- 16:13 Jaguar Land Rover crisis deepens as Brummies react to 400 agency...
- 16:13 Halifax man now charged over murder of Bradford pensioner who was...
- 16:13 Win a bay for your sleigh with free parking in Burnley
- 16:13 Two prolific Burnley burglars jailed
- 16:12 The 9 new laws about jobs coming into force in 2019
- 16:12 Christmas message from police at the heart of Harrogate area community
- 16:12 Defending champion Rob Cross ‘playing at 20%’ going into PDC World...
- 16:12 European parliament censures Czech PM in unprecedented move
- 16:10 Travellers who have been on Northampton park for nearly a month...
- 16:10 Christmas message from police at the heart of Scarborough community
- 16:10 Martin Glenn: Football Association’s chief executive resigns
- 16:09 Section of 'smart' motorway on M1 in Leicestershire is now open,...
- 16:09 Sheffield Council to fell fewer street trees in bid to resolve...
- 16:08 Paedophile prisoner from Shirebrook pleads guilty to more sexual...
- 16:07 New year treat in store
- 16:06 LEADER'S VIEW: Don't let Brexit hide good things being done in Bury
- 16:06 Hartlepool primary schools Key Stage 2 performance tables: Here are...
- 16:05 South Tyneside primary performance tables: How your school rated
- 16:04 'My young Sri Lankan husband left me with nothing'
- 16:04 Ginger-haired boy writes poem to bullies who told him he should die
- 16:04 Prevent scheme: Extreme right-wing referrals up by 36%
- 16:04 HMP New Hall: Prison officer Iain Cocks jailed for four years
- 16:04 British artists dominate 2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
- 16:04 Shadowy ‘government entities’ are trying to get people banned...
- 16:04 Woman kidnapped in boot of her own car in Kidmore End
- 16:04 Viewers baffled as child appears to teleport into TV interview