More mobile masts will be installed across Hull as demand soars for digital networks
More council rooftops in Hull are set to be marketed as sites for telecoms masts.
The aim is to make sure the city can cope with an increasing demand for digital connectivity, including the arrival of 5G.
Internet access via mobile devices rather than fixed-line broadband is currently higher in Hull than the national UK average.
The vast majority of existing masts are attached to high-rise tower blocks owned by Hull City Council.
They generate nearly £300,000-a-year for the authority through rental charges.
However, most have involved companies approaching the council for access rather the... read more
- 14:41 Muslim charity's Christmas gift to Pendleside Hospice
- 14:41 Burnley plumbers help to plug Pendleside Hospice funding gap
- 14:38 This is where the first ever Dunkin' Donuts store has opened in...
- 14:38 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho favourite facing uncertain Old Trafford...
- 14:37 Property agent gets gifts on the move
- 14:37 School bring Christmas cheer to elderly tenants of housing care scheme
- 14:37 Doncaster man smashes pain barrier to stay on course for Atlantic...
- 14:36 West Brom and Leeds United to battle for West Ham midfielder - reports
- 14:36 Retford teen given a suspended sentence after continuing to breach...
- 14:36 How The Apprentice 2017 winner James White brings his team closer...
- 14:36 Battered sprouts go down a treat in Coningsby
- 14:35 How to download the updated Leicestershire Live app for free
- 14:35 Grand Central is helping travellers with a new system this Christmas
- 14:32 Muslim charity's Christmas gift to Pendleside Hospice
- 14:32 What it’s like spending Christmas Day with strangers you met online
- 14:31 Man and dog almost squashed when parked van with sleeping driver at...
- 14:30 Police hunting four people who fled scene after knocking over tree...
- 14:29 Norovirus has been found in fruit and veg at UK supermarkets
- 14:28 Newborn baby boy dies after 'perfect parents' fall asleep in bed...
- 14:28 Doncaster man smashes pain barrier to stay on course for Atlantic...
- 14:28 Syria conflict: US 'planning to withdraw troops'
- 14:28 Planning applications for 460 new homes in Mansfield area are...
- 14:28 Housing association decide if grieving sisters can keep home
- 14:27 Houseplant with added rabbit DNA could reduce air pollution, study...
- 14:27 Live updates as police close Leads Road after 'serious crash'
- 14:27 Led Zeppelin act ready to rock arts centre
- 14:26 Parents of Wellingborough murder victim issue emotional appeal
- 14:26 Huge 200 space car park extension plan at Calderdale railway...
- 14:26 Andy Mitchell from Radio Wave
- 14:25 Police officers hailed as 'angels' for touching act of kindness...