Minister to give update on out-of-hours services at St John’s children’s ward
Health Secretary Jeane Freeman is to update MSPs on a children’s ward which has been closed to some patients for more than a year.
The paediatric ward at St John’s Hospital in Livingston, West Lothian, has been closed to out-of-hours inpatients since July 2017 due to staff shortages.
MSPs have repeatedly called for the service to be returned to normal, as hundreds of young patients and their families have faced ambulance transfers to hospital in Edinburgh for treatment.
Ms Freeman is due to make a parliamentary statement on the matter on Thursday afternoon.
The issue was raised at First... read more
- 16:52 'Predatory paedophile' who attacked Northampton girl in the 1990s...
- 16:51 'Emergency' bus diversion in Fleetwood due to accident
- 16:50 'Predatory paedophile' who attacked Northampton girl in the 1990s...
- 16:50 This is why you'll be delayed heading to and from Nuneaton
- 16:49 'Emergency' bus diversion in Fleetwood due to accident
- 16:48 Motorcyclist was fined after he was caught riding without a licence...
- 16:48 This is how our MPs will be vote in Theresa May's no confidence...
- 16:47 Melton Poppy Appeal made £24,000 this year
- 16:47 Chelsea news: Why Maurizio Sarri WON'T face Napoli in Europa League...
- 16:46 Raheem Sterling voted Premier League Player of the Month after...
- 16:45 Scottish Budget: Middle earner tax gap between Scotland and UK grows
- 16:44 Residents thanked for contributions during East Northamptonshire...
- 16:44 Sarah Gordy MBE: Actor in honorary degree first
- 16:44 Harry Potter star contests ruling over £1 million tax refund
- 16:44 Lamont’s Brexit & PM votes
- 16:43 Police incident on major Sheffield road
- 16:43 Pendle MP praises region's exports boom
- 16:43 Thief caught on camera stealing £12,000 worth of designer clothing...
- 16:43 Foodbank and soup kitchen appeals for donations to help Mansfield's...
- 16:43 Microscope from 1743 fetches 10 times its valuation at Melton auction
- 16:42 This is how you can cook a WHOLE Christmas dinner using just TWO pans
- 16:42 All you need to know if you're buying a mobile phone this Christmas
- 16:41 The 10 worst criminal damage and arson hotspots in Leeds revealed...
- 16:41 Ghana drones: Row over blood-delivery devices
- 16:41 Syria war: 'Seven mass graves found' in former IS stronghold
- 16:40 Ex-Leicester deputy mayor Rory Palmer's hotel put on lockdown after...
- 16:40 CCTV catches bizarre vandalism of Leicester pub The Old Horse's...
- 16:40 Thieves swipe £20k of motorbikes from Freckleton garage
- 16:40 Pendle MP praises region's exports boom
- 16:39 'If Smith rates him then so do I' Aston Villa fans react to...