Mid Derbyshire MP criticises boundary proposals to scrap constituency
Mid-Derbyshire MP Pauline Latham has criticised new Boundary Commission proposals which would see the constituency abolished.
The recommendations, which aim to reduce the number of MPs from 650 to 600, have been laid in Parliament but would need to be passed by votes in the House of Commons and House of Lords to become law.
Pauline said: “The report is disappointing but not a surprise. In principle, I supported the reduction in seats when it was first mooted but now we have the prospect of Brexit and the workload of MPs is going to be much greater once that goes through.
“To reduce the... read more
- 17:13 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:13 Band who travelled 400 miles to play to just four people at...
- 17:12 Sark's electricity provider threatens to cut power to island
- 17:12 Leeds United: Food for thought for Bielsa during international break
- 17:12 Sam Curran sensed Sri Lanka ‘panic’ during England rescue act
- 17:10 Two vehicle smash causes rush hour delays on A1(M)
- 17:10 Ominous Australia relocate mojo at Women's World T20
- 17:10 Man Utd news: Key star SLAMMED - ‘He deserves more criticism than...
- 17:10 F1 finally admits concern over woman jailed for Bahrain Grand Prix...
- 17:09 Glasgow Christmas Lights 2018: When will they be switched on and...
- 17:09 Secrets of early Aberdonians to be revealed by city skeletons
- 17:09 89 year-old scholar who fled Nazis killed by shove from...
- 17:09 Kind-hearted volunteers rally round to help the homeless in Ilkeston
- 17:08 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:07 Buckingham holds moving Remembrance Day events
- 17:06 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 17:04 BINNED: Kingdom litter squad are KICKED OUT of Liverpool for good
- 17:04 Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli being deported
- 17:03 Attempted child abductions: Police speaking to three men
- 17:03 STRICTLY IN BLACKPOOL: Iconic show heads to the Pleasure Beach
- 17:02 Men ‘doused supermarket in petrol before setting it alight in...
- 17:02 WhatsApp’s next update could change the way you ask people out on...
- 17:02 Lisa takes Nepal cycle challenge
- 17:01 Man Utd news: Gary Neville slams £50m signing: ‘Does he change a...
- 17:01 Skegness butchers are a ‘cut above’ the rest after winning UK...
- 16:58 How to flip a coin if you don't have a coin
- 16:56 Liverpool news: Virgil van Dijk makes transfer promise amid...
- 16:55 Critically acclaimed MGMT prepare to play Leeds show
- 16:56 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:55 Liversedge suffer County Cup exit