Mickey Walsh admits he is feeling blessed and on the road to recovery after the former Everton and Blackpool suffered a mild stroke in Brazil
Mickey Walsh is feeling blessed. The former Everton and Blackpool striker is recovering after suffering a mild stroke while away in Rio de Janeiro. The quick thinking of his wife Christine and hotel staff ensured he was seen in good time.
'It's been overwhelming really,' he says. 'I went to see my daughter Kate in Argentina and took in a game, Cordoba against Argentinos Juniors, but then took a funny turn on my way back to Brazil.
'I was very fortunate, we were due to fly back home the following day and if it had happened on that flight who knows where I'd be. It was a blessing in disguise... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle