Michio Kaku picks five books to help you understand the future
Science is the engine of prosperity. From the industrial revolution (powered by the steam engine), to the electric revolution (which lit up our cities), to the current computer revolution (which connects us all), science creates wealth and progress. Now, to predict the future of society, we have to understand the fourth wave of science, which is AI, biotech and nanotech.
Beyond Boundaries: The New Neuroscience of Connecting Brains with Machines – and How It Will Change Our Lives by Miguel Nicolelis captures all the progress and excitement in this field. He predicts a future in which we will... read more
- 16:40 Man held over 'Taser' at Buckingham Palace
- 16:38 Leeds spice: Everything you should know about how the drug is...
- 16:37 Mablethorpe runners complete Humber Coastal Half
- 16:36 Thug stamped on woman’s head repeatedly then trashed her home
- 16:36 Labour pledge to fund alcohol care team in every NHS England hospital
- 16:36 Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri SLAMS Premier League scheduling after...
- 16:33 How to spot signs of a heart attack, ahead of World Heart Day
- 16:32 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:31 ‘Time to reflect on another young life being taken in our city’...
- 16:31 ‘Extremely challenging' night for officers in Sheffield who dealt...
- 16:31 Sheffield Supertram passengers warned of cancellations on purple route
- 16:26 Katerina by James Frey – digested read
- 16:25 'Every fan wants one in their team' - Leeds United expert on...
- 16:24 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:21 Anthony Joshua: Critics must now shut up after modern day great...
- 16:21 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:20 Timeline: Flashback to 1969
- 16:20 Police looking for missing boy, 15, who has links to Leicestershire
- 16:20 Watch moment tractor explodes as firefighters tackle blazing...
- 16:18 Kilmarnock 2 Celtic 1: Hoops legend brands team 'very ordinary'...
- 16:17 Welfare spending for UK's poorest shrinks by £37bn
- 16:16 Rudstone Walk boss speaks out after shock closure of wedding venue
- 16:16 Hartlepool health chiefs pledge to ‘dive deep’ to tackle drug and...
- 16:14 Pardoned film-maker James Ricketson lands back in Australia
- 16:14 3D gun advocate Cody Wilson accused of sex with minor is jailed in...
- 16:13 Are you a student looking for a job? Here are just a few
- 16:13 Victim's son says carer who performed sex act in front of dementia...
- 16:13 Women who kill: The faces of Merseyside's female killers
- 16:12 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:10 Tory donor threatens to set up new pro-Brexit political party