Michael Carrick sits on Manchester United bench as a coach with Jose Mourinho hoping to ease the midfielder's transition: 'I think it's a good experience for him'
Michael Carrick got a taste of life off the pitch on Saturday afternoon as he assumed his place in the Manchester United dugout - only this time, as a coach.
The 36-year-old midfielder is retiring from playing at the end of the season and is due to form part of Mourinho's coaching set-up for the 2018-19 season.
With Swansea the visitors, Mourinho felt Carrick would gain a great deal of insight from joining him on the bench as he begins his transition from leader on the pitch to a leader off it.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Manchester United 2-0 Swansea, LIVE: Latest Premier League...... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle