Melbourne shipwreck beer back in Glasgow after 150 years
A diver who discovered a 150-year-old bottle of Tennent's off the coast of Australia has brought the stout back to Scotland.
Jim Anderson sent the artefact back to the Glasgow brewery after finding it on a shipwreck in the 1970s.
The bottle was on board The Light of The Age when its drunken captain caused the clipper to sink near Melbourne on 16 January 1868.
It is thought to be the oldest bottle of beer in Scotland.
'Very special' Recalling the discovery, 72-year-old Mr Anderson said: "I could see the inscription Wellpark Brewery on it, and I set about finding where that was.
"I... read more
- 01:54 Armenia election: PM Nikol Pashinyan ahead in snap poll
- 01:45 Jamal Khashoggi murder: Saudi Arabia refuses to extradite suspects...
- 01:41 The women who have less power than you think
- 01:41 Five things to know this week: Will Google manage to calm Trump?
- 01:41 Why women in South Korea are cutting 'the corset'
- 01:23 Top score award given to Kelsey sharpshooter
- 01:19 Angela Smith: The People’s Vote is only way out of Brexit gridlock
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Where are the apprentices to build the future?
- 01:19 Claire Holland: Brexit reveals the need to tackle our skills...
- 01:15 First two F-35A fighter jets to arrive in Australia amid warning on...
- 01:12 BBC Sound of 2019: Which rising stars have made the longlist?
- 01:00 Watchdog targets 'anti-competitive' ports deal involving NSW...
- 00:43 Sudoku 4,239 easy
- 00:42 'I was divorced and missed having company'
- 00:42 Called the wrong name at work? Awkward...
- 00:42 November shopper footfall down as Black Friday bites
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: Care conundrum – the price of political...
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: If only it was this easy, Boris, as...
- 00:35 Fans with flares will be stopped, warn police ahead of crunch...
- 00:34 Tackle climate or face financial crash, say world's biggest investors
- 00:34 UK high streets face quietest Christmas since credit crunch
- 00:34 BP faces shareholder challenge over carbon targets
- 00:34 City investors call on listed companies to pay living wage
- 00:32 Revealed: Watch shocking abuse on Yorkshire firefighters targeted...
- 00:32 Six months of disruption: M621 in Leeds to be shut overnight for...
- 00:24 Grace Millane: Man appears in court charged with backpacker's murder
- 00:17 Manic Street Preachers announce new album and Leeds date
- 00:14 What really freaks us out about Christmas
- 00:14 YouTube gives £600,000 to target glamorisation of violence on...
- 00:11 Grace Millane murder: accused appears in court for the first time