'Meeting the man who burgled my Sheffield home cured my night terrors’
When Sarah Briggs returned from a night out in Sheffield to find a burglar had ransacked her student digs, her first feeling was anger. But as the initial fury subsided, it was replaced by a crippling fear which manifested in night terrors and sleep paralysis so severe she turned to drink as an escape.
Just when it seemed there would be no end to her personal torment, she received a phone call out of the blue which changed everything.
READ MORE: Family of teen stabbed to death in Sheffield weep as man admits killing
It was from the charity Remedi, inviting her to meet the man who had turned... read more
- 02:24 Police confirm death of man following three-car Angus road crash
- 02:19 Can the Brexit Party succeed?
- 02:18 Tay Cities Business Week
- 02:18 Dundee firm at forefront of robotics revolution
- 02:18 Fergus Ewing demands compensation for Scottish farmers and crofters...
- 02:18 Kirkcaldy pay TV specialist announces landmark BT deal
- 02:18 Major Angus windfarm to boost local companies
- 02:18 Potato chiefs working to keep buyers on side post-Brexit
- 02:18 Blackberry breeding scheme is already bearing great fruit
- 02:10 Sick refugees on Manus and Nauru to be sent to Christmas Island not...
- 02:10 16 US states sue over Trump border wall emergency declaration
- 02:07 Arsene Wenger appears to disagree with Maurizio Sarri over how best...
- 01:54 Labour warned more MPs 'thinking long and hard' about futures
- 01:50 No points punishment as Leeds United are hit with fine by EFL for...
- 01:45 Sheela-na-gigs: The naked women adorning Britain's churches
- 01:45 Stephen Lawrence: How has his murder changed policing?
- 01:45 Birmingham bin row: Workers start latest strike action
- 01:29 Top Gear season 26 episode 1 review: is the show finally back on...
- 01:28 Australia's drought leading to 'suffering' of children, UN warns
- 01:23 Police search for missing UK and French tourists at beach near Port...
- 01:14 US states sue Trump over border wall
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Labour split comes at fractious time for...
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Attitudes to clothing must shift from...
- 00:59 Green anger at SNP for bowing to ‘right-wing voices’ over income tax
- 00:58 Justin Trudeau's top adviser resigns as 'political meddling'...
- 00:53 The long and contentious story of the £1bn Aberdeen bypass
- 00:53 Puppy and kitten pet shop sales could be banned in Wales
- 00:53 Glasgow's alcohol court to deal with domestic abuse
- 00:53 Premature baby born in Vietnam arrives home in Wales
- 00:45 Viewpoint: Should Britain apologise for Amritsar massacre?