Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for peanut and broccoli pad thai
In the late 1930s, Thailand’s prime minister held a public competition to find a new national noodle dish. The winning entry was a dish that combined rice noodles, vegetables, peanuts, shrimp and egg, and it was named “pad Thai” in a bid to promote Thai-ness. This vegan interpretation of that classic dish celebrates the brilliance of the original, while also bringing in something new in the form of purple sprouting broccoli. I’m not sure the former Thai PM would approve, but I hope you do.
Peanut butter and purple sprouting broccoli pad thai Pad thai is best eaten with as many garnishes as... read more
- 01:47 'I gave birth, and got Hepatitis C'
- 01:45 Universities warned over potentially misleading claims
- 01:38 Imprisoned suffragette letter discovered
- 01:36 Mission implausible: Russians mock improbable spy duo
- 01:28 Reality Check: Holyhead's Brexit dilemma
- 01:20 Was Prezzo Salisbury poisoning a hoax?
- 01:20 Strictly dancers to go on strike?
- 01:15 Morrison defends $1.2bn 'slush fund' for Catholic and independent...
- 01:15 British museums face fight to gain control of Titanic artefacts
- 00:58 All the plastic you can and cannot recycle
- 00:55 Why is IVF so popular in Denmark?
- 00:54 How China's GPS 'rival' Beidou is plotting to go global
- 00:53 Anthony Joshua feeling 'tons of pressure' but will find a way to...
- 00:53 Storm Bronagh set to batter UK with 70mph gusts in Ali aftermath
- 00:53 This is the thing most likely to hospitalise you in Birmingham
- 00:47 Michigan professor embroiled in Israel boycott row
- 00:43 Feeling hungry? Try out latest recipe from the Magpie Cafe
- 00:31 Wolf Alice: 'Our album is like hummus'
- 00:31 Women 'half as likely' as men to start a business
- 00:29 WATCH: Alex Neil's full press conference ahead of Preston North...
- 00:25 A&E appointments system proposed in NHS targets shakeup
- 00:25 Labour's annual conference to focus on austerity and Brexit
- 00:25 Jeremy Corbyn's spending plan for public services backed by majority
- 00:23 Amazon Echo Dot (2018) hands on review: the perfect Echo entry point
- 00:20 US steps up fight against slave labor 'to safeguard American jobs'
- 00:20 UK's nuclear deterrent infrastructure 'not fit for purpose', say MPs
- 00:18 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood's widow weeps as she admits she...
- 00:11 UK universities 'still inflate their statuses despite crackdown'
- 00:10 India killing: 'My father ordered my husband's murder'
- 00:10 Brett Kavanaugh accuser offers to testify to Senate