Medical mistakes: how to make a formal complaint
Mistakes can happen, even within the NHS. Making a formal complaint can bring peace of mind and ensure they don’t happen again. Our life is in its hands, and few would disagree that the NHS does a remarkable job.
But mistakes can happen – last year the NHS received over 208,000 formal written complaints (equating to almost 600 complaints at day); an increase of more than 10,000 complaints on the previous year.
An increasing number of people affected by medical failures – whether it’s human error, equipment failure or administrative error– are realising the importance of making a complaint.... read more
- 10:13 Jarrell Miller reveals what sparked Anthony Joshua shove at press...
- 10:13 New campaign urges people to look out for their neighbours in a bid...
- 10:13 Woman sexually assaulted outside Club Mission in Leeds - CCTV appeal
- 10:11 Birthday fundraiser held for mental health cause and other...
- 10:11 Farewell to RAF Tornado jets - you served us well
- 10:11 All the City Football Group teams as Man City owners snap up...
- 10:10 Wakefield residents 'frustrated' by delays to legal action against...
- 10:10 Millennials are spending '£3,000 a year on coffee, takeaways and...
- 10:10 Fugitive rapist is also a killer
- 10:10 CCTV appeal following large disturbance outside McDonald's
- 10:10 Opening celebration for parents and carers forum Bury 2gether
- 10:09 Earlston 0 Gala 35: Scoreless defeat for struggling Earlston
- 10:08 Anglian Water have now repaired burst water main in Horncastle
- 10:07 Manchester City hail purchase of Chinese club as ‘exciting new...
- 10:07 Northamptonshire house prices rose by 0.5% in December
- 10:06 Exploits of James Bond creator's top secret wartime unit revealed...
- 10:05 Wakefield residents 'frustrated' by delays to legal action against...
- 10:05 Scottish dad nearly died after doctors said his sepsis was a virus
- 10:05 Brits 2019: Why IDLES say winning an award would be 'meaningless'
- 10:04 Northamptonshire house prices rose by 0.5% in December
- 10:02 Tributes paid to Bassetlaw firefighter Karen Land after cancer battle
- 10:02 Man discovers girlfriend's shocking bathroom secret after moving in...
- 10:02 IS bride hits out at 'unjust' Home Office decision to revoke UK...
- 10:01 Missed GP appointments in Wigan cost £170k a month
- 10:00 Reports of serious crash near entrance to Sheffield College
- 10:00 Queueing traffic on M1 after lane closure
- 10:00 Man charged with assault after incident in Kinsley
- 10:00 Sainsbury's and Asda merger could spark higher food AND fuel prices
- 10:00 Tributes paid to Notts firefighter Karen Land after cancer battle
- 09:59 Queueing traffic on M1 after lane closure