Medical mistakes: how to make a formal complaint
Mistakes can happen, even within the NHS. Making a formal complaint can bring peace of mind and ensure they don’t happen again. Our life is in its hands, and few would disagree that the NHS does a remarkable job.
But mistakes can happen – last year the NHS received over 208,000 formal written complaints (equating to almost 600 complaints at day); an increase of more than 10,000 complaints on the previous year.
An increasing number of people affected by medical failures – whether it’s human error, equipment failure or administrative error– are realising the importance of making a complaint.... read more
- 15:25 Russian scientist claims spaceships need ‘electromagnetic shields’...
- 15:25 ‘Insurance agent killed friend then married his wife and cashed his...
- 15:25 Has Theresa May decided not to fight the next election?
- 15:24 Heating issues at Boston Library leads to temporary closures
- 15:24 City banker Zahid Naseem 'texted partner to say sorry after escort...
- 15:24 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:23 MLB news: Bryce Harper set to join Washington Nationals’ NL East...
- 15:23 Greg Wright: The high stakes Brexit gamble has real-world consequences
- 15:22 Sheffield school’s work as global neighbour applauded
- 15:21 Poldark's Eleanor Tomlinson to star with Mary Berry in Christmas...
- 15:21 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:20 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:20 Thousands of Rugby patients are waiting three weeks or more to see GP
- 15:20 Pupils give up weekend to pack bags in aid of Myton Hospice
- 15:20 Officers covering villages and rural areas to be Taser equipped in...
- 15:19 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:19 Arrest after armed police called to St Annes
- 15:19 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:19 Strasbourg attack: 'It lasted for minutes, but felt like hours'
- 15:19 Major Shefield road to be closed for resurfacing works
- 15:19 Archdeacon Michael: Just where do festive traditions come from
- 15:18 More than 100 new student flats to be built on site of former hotel
- 15:18 Prolific Sunderland car thief will spend Christmas behind bars
- 15:18 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:17 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:17 This is how you can cook a WHOLE Christmas dinner using just TWO pans
- 15:17 The most dramatic and shocking photos of the Sheffield Blitz
- 15:17 This might just be the best Elf on the Shelf idea yet
- 15:16 Pope demotes two cardinals over sexual abuse scandals
- 15:16 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...