Medic becomes third person infected with monkeypox in England
A medical worker has become the third person diagnosed with monkeypox in England, less than a month after the infection first appeared in the country.
The person had cared for a patient at Blackpool Victoria hospital who was subsequently diagnosed with monkeypox, according to Public Health England (PHE). It is thought to be the first case of the virus spreading within the UK.
All three infected patients are being treated in isolation units in different regions.
It is thought the virus passed to the latest patient from an individual who contracted the virus after travelling to Nigeria, where... read more
- 15:58 CCTV of man released after theft on bus from Skegness to Boston
- 15:58 Father Christmas would take 693 years to deliver his presents by car
- 15:57 Drug addict burgled Nuneaton home to feed habit
- 15:56 Family has new hope for Lucy's future
- 15:56 East Antarctica glacial stronghold melting amid climate change
- 15:56 Two more held in Blackpool Vic poisoning probe - as post-mortems...
- 15:56 Police issue statement on manhunt for thug who jumped on homeless...
- 15:53 Clitheroe nursery staff organise spinathon for the poor
- 15:53 Shoppers enjoying festive fun at Hardshaw Centre
- 15:52 Tottenham Champions League permutations: What must happen with...
- 15:52 Here are the festive events taking place in Calder Valley this...
- 15:52 Netflix prices are on the increase - find out how it could affect you
- 15:52 Dramatic pictures show £45k Porsche embedded in Countesthorpe house
- 15:52 How to help homeless people this winter
- 15:51 How to spot Santa TONIGHT - when the ISS goes past
- 15:51 Ronnie Pickering in Hull court for 'defending Bransholme from...
- 15:50 Ten facing court after Blackpool Class A drugs raids
- 15:49 Schizophrenic man who attacked cancer patient was denied...
- 15:48 Schizophrenic man who attacked cancer patient was denied...
- 15:48 Leeds rough sleeper battled with drugs before dying of heart...
- 15:47 Solo rower Shirley Thompson rescued after boat takes in water
- 15:46 Millionaire admits manslaughter following 'rough sex' death
- 15:46 Wigan estate gets winter clean up thanks to activist
- 15:45 Police investigating thefts want to speak to Paul Aston and Emma Kelly
- 15:45 Ex-Aston Villa and West Brom bosses on three-man shortlist after...
- 15:45 Call for huge Birmingham city centre revamp to be scrapped
- 15:45 Great British Benefits Handout One Year On: How did Tony and Diane...
- 15:43 Sir Jonathan North Community College
- 15:43 Beaumont Leys School
- 15:43 Inquest into death of dad and two sons in Hinckley is a step closer