May - Brexit vote was for control over immigration, but we want good exit deal
Britain's vote to leave the European Union was clearly a vote to regain control over immigration, Prime Minister Theresa May said on Wednesday, adding that she wanted to ensure the country got a good deal for businesses from exit negotiations.
She told parliament: "The government is very clear that the vote on the 23rd of June was a vote to ensure that we had control of movement of people from the EU into the UK, but also we want to see the best possible access for businesses for trading in goods and services with, and operating within, that European market.
"That is what the... read more
- 12:57 Lewis Hamilton defends Sebastian Vettel over ‘lives on the line’...
- 12:57 Ubisoft games are political, says CEO - just not the way you think
- 12:57 Vinnie Paul: the Pantera drummer whose mission was to have a...
- 12:57 Owner’s fury after thug shoots pet cat
- 12:56 Muharrem İnce concedes defeat to Erdoğan in Turkey elections
- 12:56 Ex-Nato chief refused visa waiver to US because of Iran trips
- 12:55 Police looking into woman’s death find 82 chihuahuas in horrifying...
- 12:55 A blistering day for bangers: Northampton’s sausage and cider...
- 12:55 Nearly 100 university students killed themselves last year - as...
- 12:54 The actors are here! Filming begins as Lincoln Cathedral becomes a...
- 12:54 Are you stuck with a frozen pension? Business owner whose pot is...
- 12:54 Behavioural science firm Mind Gym's founders to receive £50m from...
- 12:54 Carlisle thug jailed for attacking ex-girlfriend
- 12:52 YP Letters: Support for social care is desperately needed
- 12:52 YP Letters: Leaving EU is a fantastic opportunity to buy cheaper food
- 12:52 Here for the beer
- 12:52 How regeneration of Scotland's derelict houses is driving economic...
- 12:52 YP Letters: Don’t build new homeless hostel here
- 12:52 Which teams are out of the World Cup ahead of the last round of...
- 12:51 Kettering care home praised by inspectors
- 12:51 World record-breaking whale set to visit in Harrogate
- 12:51 Health advice for heatwave conditions
- 12:50 Leeds firm could be set to solve World Cup beer crisis
- 12:49 Here's how long the heatwave will last in Scotland
- 12:49 Pervert who 'robbed girl of her childhood' spared jail after...
- 12:48 World record-breaking whale set to visit in Harrogate
- 12:47 Former Sheffield man jailed for historic sex offences against girl
- 12:46 Celebrating our armed forces both past and present
- 12:46 Reunion for old Aylesbury manufacturing company
- 12:46 First-time buyers need 10 and a half years to save for a deposit